IT FINALLY HAPPENED! AGE OF MYTHOLOGY: RETOLD (aka Definitive Edition) HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED! THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

What a pleasant surprise for the 25th Anniversary of Age of Empires!! Age of Mythology fans’ (like myself) prayers has been answered!! We finally get a teaser trailer and confirmation of “Age of Mythology: Retold” coming soon!! Here’s the teaser trailer:

Age of Mythology: Retold – Announce Trailer

I still remember starting a forum post way back in 2020, asking about a possible Age of Mythology: Definitive Edition game, and now that its finally happening, I am overjoyed as a fan!! :smiley:

While I do have some questions about the use of the subtitle “Retold” instead of following the “Definitive Edition” label of previous Age of Empires games, I’m still happy nonetheless, since they will give AoM the same kind of “Definitive Edition” treatment, as with other Age of Empires games. Just imagining AoM with revamped graphics (specially those Titan fights!!) is already getting me excited. :smiley:

Anyway, thank you so much Microsoft for making this happen, and I look forward to hearing more news and info about this game soon!!

3 Likes

I legitimately let out a victory tell with the rest of the chat when it happened. Also, I’m finding the name “retold” surprisingly flavorful and am enjoying it even though it breaks naming convention.

After all, Myths are stories that are told.

3 Likes

Hahahaha!! I woke up early in the morning to see the announcement on my Twitter feed. I actually thought I was still sleeping, but nope, it was legit. :smiley:

Yeah, good point on that “retold” subtitle. I guess its nice to break convention every now and then.

I do wonder what improvements and gameplay enhancements they will bring to the table. :smiley:

Also, hopefully, they add more civs and their respective myths? :smiley:

1 Like