It would be nice if Teutonic Knights had some anti-armor armor

Leitis nerf was only -1 PA.
Back on topic how is giving more anti armor to Teutonic Knight will make the UU better? Is still a slow infantry UU that cost a lot, but the cost is fine given the impressive stats the unit has in form of HP, Armor and Attack.
The reason why it isn’t used is because Halbs and Champs already have extra melee armor by the civ bonus, might be harsh but I think the only way to make the unit valid for Teutons is removing the melee armor bonus for barrack units, is sad since Teutons got that bonus because an infantry civ without any bonus for infantry was a bad design, but is also preventing the Teutonic Knight to be used.

I’d say it’s moreso the stable bonus rather than the barracks unit that pull away from the tk - honestly it should be barracks units only that get the bonus from that particular bonus, not the stable units. The Teutonic Knight is fine as is and is already a much better investment than teching into champs ever will be. the bonus is moreso inclined to improving the pike line rather than the champ line.
If anything, I’d be for the bonus going towards barracks and siege units followed by the unique tech being shifted to extra pierce armor.

I’d be for improving the tk’s against units like the leitis and cataphract, not much else would be of want of changing, particularly we don’t want to make them op.

for teutons, the militia line is more akin to britons teching from the archer line to going longbow, a noticeable and worth while improvement, but not to say the sword line won’t have its uses, it’s just that it’s weaker and meant for earlier in the game, or for a strong push initially alongside mangonels and other siege and pikes mixed in and then going for the stronger tk’s when the push slows or weakens.

Makes them less painfully countered by hand cannons and cataphracts.

Look at it this way : Britons use the archer line in the early game and switch to longbows in the late game. It’s like that here. The real thing that’s taking people away from the Teutonic knight is actually the fact the knight line gets the bonus. You have Paladins with +2 melee armor.

Yes

Taking that away would hurt them… a lot.

They would be unstoppable. Pierce armor > Melee armor in most cases.

No, like 90%-95% of all Britons games end up being around massing 11 range arbalests, and even Hera said, the Longbowmen doesn’t offer any evident thing that Briton arbalest offers, that’s how OP Britons are, esp on TGs.

3 Likes

Well, I see it is a late-game substitute that costs less gold but more wood. It’s more common in team games, though. The Elite Longbowman is certainly better against Siege, Paladins and Eagle warriors (except Incan ones) than the Arbalest. Considering that the Britons lack Thumb ring, the extra attack really helps the damage per second/

The problem is most 1v1 games don’t get to the point where you see Siege Onagers, Paladins (except maybe Franks or Burgundians), massed houfnice, etc.

1 Like

castle walk vs counter
same idea as huns castling cav for +2 offence from castle vs pike cavs counter, in teutons case healing and repositioning while rotating through combat triangle from a fwd position off knights monks siege