Italians New Building and Team Bonus

Imo, unique building similar to market seems interesting. But perhaps not the trade workshop. I am ok that devs even do not grant it to Italians but new civs. (maybe other middle east civs)

Agree. Besides, that unique building should not do all the things that market can do if it costs less. (eg. Krepost and Donjon~ Castle) So at least not produce trade cart or trading. just buying/selling resources and being able to build in dark age (not count as requirement for Castle age but allow earlier exchange of resource). Allowing trade cart to garrison and Buying resources -10g.

It depends, caravans doesn’t do much in feudal since you don’t trade much in that moment. Guilds depends on how much it costs, since the base price is 500 resources, and you gain 15 gold with the first exchange, and progressively less, so it really needs to be incentivazed to research it in feudal.

The only problem are coinage and banking, which would incentivaze slinging, but onestly slinging that much in feudal is a risky strategy anyway.

It fits the historic theme with italians more than with other civs in the game though…

But in this case the Italians don’t get the standard market.

I mean, the bonus could be also summarize into "guilds technology is available in feudal and cost 80% less" but that’s boring…

It also doesn’t help since you would need to pay for 175 wood of the market.

If the building itself it’s not yet that unique, you can add some secondary effect, like the ability to garrison villagers, or to act as a gathering point too, something like that.

In general, the idea of a new building as a bonus is pretty ok. Also a guilds bonus is fine.

I do not think the civ really needs this, despite a buff is needed. But it is definitely an option that may work also for other weak civs

I guess the opponent would probably tower rush you if they see you age up that early. And no stone stock is super risky in feudal and early castle. Castle age eco would be probably delayed a bit. Risky but rewarding strategy seems fun. Yet, this change seems a kind of rework. Perhaps, devs will disable stone buying/selling (only food/wood) in dark age if they really introduce this building.

typo?

Italians aren’t really bad in TG. Cheaper banking or coinage is not what they need. Cheaper guilds may help but not likely to happen considering saracens have better bonus of guilds. Like no free squires, free bloodlines and free husbandry but Celts, franks, cumans already get better versions of these.

Not sure if devs really intentionally avoid wood bonus for Italians to prevent potential impact in water maps. We have proposed cheaper archer range and Cumans get cheaper archer range and stable. We have proposed cheaper blacksmith, university and monasteries. It turns out that Bohemians get it.

I think this one also fit the theme but the number can be tweaked a bit.

I have always thought of something like this (better if applied to selling) as additional effect of silk road.

I still hope that something useful will be given. Atm one of candidate remains the sppedy archers.

But there are several other options still available

No, sarcasm :joy:

I meant that it’s pointless to buff silk road, since Italians in imp are already strong, and a market bonus should come earlier.

They don’t need to be saracens. Italians also have cheaper age ups, so it’s easier to get guilds in feudal if they cost 60 food and 40 gold, and then get to castle age faster, especially if you also save 125 wood.

All those extra resources can be sold at most favorable prices, and it’s easier to age up with a more balanced eco.

The market is not the most important building on water play, and it’s just a one time boost, so I don’t see it that broken.

Meh, it’s about what an early guilds do, but better.

Again, people complain about italians being weak in early game and then suggest to change the imp UT…

Meh, anyway the point was more to explore a single bonus, not to open another discussion to buff the Italians, so I stop here since I’m already seeing where this topic is devolving…