Italians or USA as the next aoe3 DLC?

My bet: Italians, USA and Ethiopia (so you reuse assets from european civs for USA and Italy, and you have half civ done as shown on campaign an leftover assets for Ethiopia)

The lakota weren’t introduced to horses until 1730.

If they are putting later american factions like USA it will be a bit disappointing tbh. Bring an african DLC with some factions like Ethiopia or the Songhai, the fall of the Malian Empire… it would be amazing as a new expansion. But USA… that sounds more like a low effort cashgrab for me.

3 Likes

Im not going to believe it could be the USA till i see it as an official announcement. It seems more like a bad late April fools joke.

3 Likes

I’m going to do my bit so that the devs or the person in charge of this realize that it is a bad idea.
No, I don’t want to know anything about a new civilization “USA”.

5 Likes

As a campaign civ, USA has shown up in the game, and could be the focus of a future campaign, but as a MP civ, I think the community overwhelmingly agrees taht they have no place, except as a Revolution.

There are simply a whole lot of other civs people would rather see added in, before the USA would even be considered.

The whole reason for the Revolution system WAS to play as successor nations, like the USA, in the first place.

14 Likes

It is irrelevant to discuss whether it is historically accurate, because we can find thousands of examples in this game of inaccuracies, if you want accuracy play Empire Total War or Europa Universalis.
I would not like them to enter the USA as a new civi, first Italy, Korea should enter and open a new group for African civis. In the future it would be very good if a group of American civilizations is added, with the USA, Brazil, Mexico and perhaps Argentina, but for the moment we do not get ahead of the facts.

3 Likes

Italians make sense in an African themed expansion… way more than USA anyway.

I think it is fair to exclude everything in the Revolutions, as they knew the expansion was coming, they would not have invested so much on reworking them just to remove, let’s say USA Rev., six months later.

1 Like

Which is already part of the game as revolutions, honestly revolutions was the only way truely such nations could be even in the game it has no potential to be a seperate civ as literaly in the entire timeframe of AoE III they will have existed for like 70 years and are still basicslly British people and I really dont see how the civ wont suck both in terms of unique mechanics as in terms of originality, flavor and general balance of the game. Its a bit like adding Austria-Hungary, it doesnt make sense.

1 Like

History is one of the biggest themes of AoE franchise, its true that the devs originally said its not a simulation but a game supposed to be fun, but the theme of the game just doesnt fit a US civ.

You dont see people adding France, Austria-Hungary and Serbia to a US civil war game like war of rights do you? US is one of the worst choices to add.

Revolutions was the only way US could fit in the game and still be cool and according to theme, this is just stupid.

3 Likes

I wish, but the name of the secret content that was called Buffalo first got renamed to United states civilization 12 hours ago that would be a really poorly planned april fools joke.

Its also no doubt it can be anything else. If it was American civilization it could have been anything in the new world.

2 Likes

But logo of the American general is still there

2 Likes

All thos people and nations existed tho at the start of the game. The Americans in AoE III timeline are litteraly British people in a colony and when the revolted they were about the same difference to Britian as Austria was to Germany before ww2 (and still are but they went on to seek a new identity tho)

Longbowman btw were still used in cases until around 1651

3 Likes

if they add more civs in future then this might be a hint

even in ww2 there was dude using longbowman , i think tradition survived

2 Likes

Swiss are Germans then…

My guess is the new DLC contains USA, Brazil, Mexico and Canada :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

2 Likes

Swiss is mostly German yes, but they also have Italians and french people, still also German partly.

Austria was literally part of the HRE and German throughout its entire history culturally it was very similar to South Germany and one of the biggest reasons they wanted to join Germany was because they were basically German. Only aftwer wwII they began seeking a unique identity.

So serious??? Or it is April fool?

A small hypothesis: they are Italian bersaglieri, a custom unit used in an incoming Historical Battle depicting an episode of the “Independence Wars” which gave birth to Kingdom of Italy. This because:

• There are other Historical Battles with custom units; for example Battle of New Orleans, with Regular and Volunteer soldiers, and Christopher Da Gama’s Expedition, which depicts an entire new African faction. Adding a new unit, or new scenario-only factions, has already been done, so it could not be a problem adding bersaglieri, Papal States and so on.
  • Wikipedia says the time frame of this game is “between approximately 1492 and 1876 AD”. Italian Independence Wars started in 1848 and ended in 1870 with the siege of Rome, so they belong to the correct time frame.
  • This wars took part in Europe instead of America, but it’s not a problem, because there’s a full Asian Dynasties DLC, and two Historical Battles set in Africa. Only Europe and Oceania are still out of this game by now… are they the next ones?
  • There are other “independence war” themed materials in this game: there’s Revolution mode, and some campaign scenarios depict battles for independence, for example Bolivar’s revolt or some Blood-Ice-Steel campaign scenarios.
1 Like