Its actually pretty sad

@Gibblets said:
You do realize that this is the game we played 20 years ago, right? Age of Empires 1 with a fresh coat of paint. If you can still load up the original and enjoy a match every now and then, this would be like the servers getting brought back for multiplayer and installing an HD mod. Don’t hype this up to yourself as an original product with new features and mechanics to explore.

This is not AoE 1. It’s IV.

AoE DE is the update of AoE.

And AoE has been created by the forerunner “Ensemble Studios” up to 2005. with patching to 2009 til they disbanded into two Companies, “Robot Entertainment” & “Bonfire Studios”.

Now microsoft has come back to take on the collateral, the game “IV” is anew.

So please, stop falsifying the “IV” to be repainted AoE1.

@colibangu said:
So sad… One month for release and there is not beta, info or something else… And above all, that a game of this caliber doesn’t have translated the web for german, français, spanish, etc… So poor microsoft.

Come on the Beta is for IV, and the release of DE is not IV…

@MrRewindThat said:

@colibangu said:
So sad… One month for release and there is not beta, info or something else… And above all, that a game of this caliber doesn’t have translated the web for german, français, spanish, etc… So poor microsoft.

Come on the Beta is for IV, and the release of DE is not IV…

AH my bad, the Beta is actually for DE. I will be buying this anyways! Purchased every Age of Empires since dot.

@MrRewindThat said:

@Gibblets said:
You do realize that this is the game we played 20 years ago, right? Age of Empires 1 with a fresh coat of paint. If you can still load up the original and enjoy a match every now and then, this would be like the servers getting brought back for multiplayer and installing an HD mod. Don’t hype this up to yourself as an original product with new features and mechanics to explore.

This is not AoE 1. It’s IV.

AoE DE is the update of AoE.

And AoE has been created by the forerunner “Ensemble Studios” up to 2005. with patching to 2009 til they disbanded into two Companies, “Robot Entertainment” & “Bonfire Studios”.

Now microsoft has come back to take on the collateral, the game “IV” is anew.

So please, stop falsifying the “IV” to be repainted AoE1.

Completely got the Beta wrong for the Game, I thought it was for AOE IV… Where it is actually for DE. So i take my words back… I will be buying AOE DE anyway! Have purchased all AOE since dot.

The DNA specifically says that you can’t stream or publish video of gameplay. Maybe during open beta that will change, but for now, that’s in the NDA.

@uxorioushornet said:
The DNA specifically says that you can’t stream or publish video of gameplay. Maybe during open beta that will change, but for now, that’s in the NDA.

Open beta? AFAIK there will be no open beta. The game is out in less than a month, that would make no sense.

@colibangu said:

Beta has been going on for months, you just probably didn’t get in. Remember, it’s closed.
As for the translations, I’m fairly sure the game will be available in a bunch of different languages.
I do agree that more info could be given.

@RWNorthPole said:

@colibangu said:

Beta has been going on for months, you just probably didn’t get in. Remember, it’s closed.
As for the translations, I’m fairly sure the game will be available in a bunch of different languages.

Web translation, patch notes translation and etc… No game translation. I now the game is translated.

And they could be more communicative with the state of their launched games. What is now for Age 2 HD? Age of Mithology extended? But they only are silence in more than a month. Only games announced with enhanced pathfinding, attack move in a trailer and nothing. And for beta? They can speak with something plans like more future beta waves invites or something about it. There is 27 days for release and we only new more for the game seeing in youtube. And No, I don’t want to play beta when it’s going to release in 3 or 2 weeks.

Beta going for months? They say beta start one month ago. No months.

@colibangu said:

@RWNorthPole said:

@colibangu said:

Web translation, patch notes translation and etc… No game translation. I now the game is translated.

And they could be more communicative with the state of their launched games. What is now for Age 2 HD? Age of Mithology extended? But they only are silence in more than a month. Only games announced with enhanced pathfinding, attack move in a trailer and nothing. And for beta? They can speak with something plans like more future beta waves invites or something about it. There is 27 days for release and we only new more for the game seeing in youtube. And No, I don’t want to play beta when it’s going to release in 3 or 2 weeks.

Beta going for months? They say beta start one month ago. No months.
Some players were invited to try the beta before the official beta start date.

@uxorioushornet said:
Open beta…you sure?

“Open Beta” starts on October 19 :smiley:

@KhakiJarl38640 said:
lol, you should have tried to use google… Here’s your game play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDe78q1hYqM

I only found this gameplay browsing the internet, it is very basic and serves more to show the graphics than the mechanics itself, in addition to being in a relatively unpolished stage. I stay here wondering how the game should be now … :*

@UnknownMortal said:

@KhakiJarl38640 said:
lol, you should have tried to use google… Here’s your game play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDe78q1hYqM

I only found this gameplay browsing the internet, it is very basic and serves more to show the graphics than the mechanics itself, in addition to being in a relatively unpolished stage. I stay here wondering how the game should be now … :*

There is also the gameplay via IGN.

There is this as well. The brown flags are beta only things.

@Pyefam said:

@UnknownMortal said:

@KhakiJarl38640 said:

There is also the gameplay via IGN.

14 Minutes of Age of Empires Definitive Edition PC Gameplay - IGN

Cool, thanks for showing me!