It's just a never ending game of harassment

RTS is meant to be like that, you are not playing Simcity, are you?

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t make it clear that I was responding to the statement that when modders add Arena, it will solve the OP’s problem. I don’t think the statement was totally serious in the first place, but Arena in AoE 4 wouldn’t do an awful lot to stop early harassment because it won’t be that big a deal to get a ram attacking the stone wall, and if you don’t have any army when that happens, you’ll have roughly the same problem as you already have on current maps. Many people already play Arena in AoE 2 DE with a totally excessive idea of the security provided by the walls, planning to boom in castle age, and they can’t deal with all-in early castle age aggression.

1 Like

No problem. I think arena is especially helpful to make raiding early in the game more difficult for your opponent.

Of course you must also build an army.

I think generally rams, trebuchet are ok. Bombards on the other hand are not good, because they are very strong against buildings and units.

I can’t believe some of these posts. It’s not a matter of “git gud”, but guys
 I know how frustrating losing 6 matches in a row can be. Watch the replays, there are so many embarrassing mistakes I’ve caught on my own games

I play some French and when I get paired up against a higher elo player, what do you know
 I can’t even use my Knights.

To add to this, the more I learn about the game, and the better I get, the more gruesome some defeats are. There are some matches where I HATE losing, especially those where I know what went wrong. For all other losses, though, I always watch the replay – makes me feel so much better!

I think RTS is about overcoming obstacles. Sure, some of them are imposed by a lack of balance (though not as many at this point, after the latest patches), but I’m of the opinion most of them can be overcome.

3 Likes