Japan can train Jojimbo in stable, when they are available on map

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Update 20322
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Japanese can train the mercenary unit jojimbo on maps, where they are available in the saloon.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start game on pampa sierras with 6 players in DM settings as japanese
  2. Build stable and monastry
  3. If yojimbo is available in monastry, japanese can train them in stable too

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

yojimbo only available in monastry

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Record Game 2021-05-16 21-43-50.age3Yrec (6.8 MB)

2 Likes

This is awesome. I wish this were a feature and not a bug.

Edit: this can be done with the Atonement Home City Card, are you sure you did not send this?

1 Like

Hi guys, thanks for the report. We’re currently tracking the issue of the Atonement card enabling the training of Repentant Yojimbos in the stables, they should only be trainable from the Monastery.

This not only happens when sending atonement (i didnt send the card in the replay). But the solution should fix both anyway

Wait, I thought this was a feature.

1 Like

I couldn’t get this to happen myself, I guess I have to try harder :slight_smile:
Will definitely look into it happening without sending the card too.

It’s a bug not a feature this time :rofl:

2 Likes

The Wiki stated it as a feature Yojimbo | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom actually, which caused me some confusion. Honestly it SHOULD be a feature anyway. Yojimbo aren’t very good late game but having access to them for the Japanese would open up some options. Also its cool.

More civs should have mercenaries recruitable via barracks/stables imo to open up more merc playstyles so its not just Swedes that get the mercenary monopoly.

yeah the mercenaries are random, so i had to try it like 10 times too. Too bad you cant see what units you can train in the replay. In Dm tg on Pampas sierras it works quite consistently though

This happened to me alot ! in great plains too !

SAME!