On the heels of some recent announcements about Age of Empires: Definitive Edition , we’re opening up an AoE: DE Beta on the Microsoft Store via the Xbox Insider Hub app on PC! This beta is first-come-first-serve and will help us test cross-network play functionality ahead of the game’s release to Steam later this month. Access to this beta is now available via the Xbox Insider Hub!
To get started, check out this step-by-step guide below:
Step 1 – Download the Xbox Insider Hub
- Launch the Microsoft Store from the Start Menu.
- In the top right of the Microsoft Store, search for Xbox Insider Hub or click here to open the product page.
- Click Get on the Xbox Insider Hub product page.
If prompted when downloading, please login with the Microsoft Account (MSA) that you used to sign up as an Age Insider.
- Download and install the Xbox Insider Hub app.
- Login to the Xbox Insider Hub app using the Microsoft Account (MSA) that you used to sign up as an Age Insider.
Step 2 – Download and Install the Beta
- With the Xbox Insider Hub app open and logged in, select Insider Content from the menu on the left of the app window.
- Select the AoE: DE Beta tile.
- On the screen that appears, select the Join button.
- Carefully review and accept the Terms and Conditions presented to you.
- The Xbox Insider Hub may take a few moments to process your join request. You will be redirected to the Microsoft Store page for Age: DE .
- Select Install to download and install the beta preview.
Note: You must be running Windows 10 version 1903 or higher to initiate and complete the installation. Learn how to update here.
- Start playing the beta! Remember, it’s first-come-first-serve, so don’t delay on joining the beta preview via the Xbox Insider Hub!
- Review our recently updated Age of Empires Insider FAQ.
- Remember you’re testing a version of the game that is not considered final; any feature is subject to change or removal.
Questions? Post below or reach out to us at AoEInsiderSupport@microsoft.com.
See you in the beta!