JSON files "Alignment" purpose?

Anyone know what it does? BTW Im trying to move the group buttons position to the right of a centered minimap but I can’t. Is someone able to do that?

are you editing right values?

Yes I can move it to the left and up (to a certain point) but looks like it shrinks adn disappears (like when going up too much also)

Welcome to https://www.hawkaoe.net/bbs/thread-146341-1-1.html and you can find all the problems to be solved in this network.If you spread and share to others it would be my pleasure,thanks for your translating and reading.

Yes I can move it to the left and up (to a certain point) but looks like it shrinks adn disappears (like when going up too much also)

You need to increase the size of the parent element too, otherwise if you move it outside of the parents’ dimensions it will disappear. For details, see how I did it in the “Compact UI” mod.

Make sure you test it with different resolutions in the end, if you do it wrong, the positions can get scaled in a way that commandpanel-minimap-buttons do not align anymore.

The easiest way to ensure that it scales correctly with resolution is to change the respective parent elements(commandpanel,map) to the same alignment and same dimensions.

1 Like

Don’t think I totally get what you mean but thanks for the reply :sweat_smile: Kinda understand the part about increasing the parents dimension but when would I need to change the alignment? I’ll check out that mod.

EDIT: Didn’t get anything at all lol. Which line would be the the parents dimensions?

EDIT 2: Ohh I see you changed the Width of the first lines and the “x close” “x open” do you know exactly what each of those do or why you choose that specific number?

Yes, I chose that specific number because it is the design-time width of the in-game screen which I found in “/steamapps/common/AoE2DE/resources/_common/wpfg/screen/screengame.xaml”. This allows to put the commandpanel elements anywhere along the full width of the screen.

1 Like