JUNE 2022 PUP - Release Notes

what

In what universe does inmersion have anything to do with gameplay ?

Inmersion is inside of graphic , you could have the worst gameplay but the best graphic and inmersion .
It does not corralate at all.

Have you hear “immersive gameplay”? You don’t know what you are talking about boy

ah we were talking about that , i thought we were talking about graphical inmersion , sorry my bad lol

they both share the same impact

The same could be said of an absolute newcomer to AoE II. I’m not being facetious. It’s just we’ve had twenty years (or more) to internalise what AoE II looks like. It’s one of the best-known classic RTS games on the market. And if people want to talk AoE III, well, that’s no spring chicken either.

It’s very hard to separate out “this is intuitive” from “I’m used to this” when we’ve had that amount of time to familiarise ourselves with what the icons convey.

But to go back to your original point, your claim was it was “badass”. It was nothing to do with affecting gameplay (beyond immersion, which obviously does). It has nothing to do with communicating anything but a subjective artistic preference for style (the importance of which will vary between players).

What have I not addressed, exactly?

I don’t care who you’re explicitly referring to or not. Why does it have to be explicit? It’s pretty clear from the linked post the poster(s) you’re referring to, right? At least own your commentary if you’re going to type it out for the benefit of other forumgoers, c’mon. I can handle a bit of shade, it’s the weaseling around that gets my back up. Moreso considering your former emphasis on politeness, which I still haven’t forgotten. It raises a red flag, whereby you feel your posts deserve polite disagreement, but you can go to town on people you find yourself frustrated with. It’s not like you have a monopoly on feeling frustrated, right? :sweat_smile:

If you’re frustrated with my arguments, tell me how and why. I work pretty literally, because the Internet is trash and it’s easy to misinterpret folks. This can cause problems, for sure. But I find it works out better (for me) than trying to assume things about people I don’t know.

Believe the best in the people you argue with, or do everyone a favour and don’t bother. That’s how I approach things. Sounds a bit preachy to type it out though hah.

And yet you have specific balance commentary, right? This reads like a gotcha, I admit. But you have posted balance criticism, so I’m trying to work out your priorities here. If it’s as simple as “sure I have balance opinions, but I’d rather they do more work with the UI” then that’s absolutely fair enough.

I have no idea what to edit in this to make it acceptable for some folks. Sorry.

Immersive experience? As long as AOE2 doesn’t have exclusive civilization unit skins, I won’t have an immersive experience in AOE2. When every civilization uses the European knight icon, players have no immersive experience at all. Stop constantly touting everything about AOE2, and Stop trying to make AOE4 the same as AOE2!

1 Like

Relax it will never happen.

But if you really want, you can create urself, cause mods available for any visual changes

I like aoe 3 icons and for upgrades but I know they are too confusing at first because they have the same color tone for armory techs and some techs but still comparing that to aoe 4 feel like a downgrade. Thats how bad the icons are in aoe 4.

he has a point. aoe 4 icons are bland.

yup just as a example how basic thing that the game need polish are left unfixed. It’s not a change of priorities.

Exactly :slight_smile:

I mean AOE4 miss so many features from previous AOE titles. The high orientation on e-sport and the slow development is really bad for the game.

Hopefully we will get a DLC this year with new content, new game modes and new civs. Otherwise I see a dark future for AOE4.