June PUP- Lakota Rework

When will this update come out?

2 Likes

I don’t like the camp movements card. That sort of bonus is so unique that it should’ve been kept for an all-new civ.

2 Likes

Lakota are the last nomads who fit this mobile building ability

6 Likes

I was thinking of the Commanche specifically.

Portugal just simply need a card for

fish boats cost+100%, villagers cost-50%, which boost Portugal on land map

but they only rename the cards :smiling_face_with_tear:

Portugal’s event month hasn’t started yet, so please be patient, Lakota has been teasing it for over a year, and it’s finally being redesigned this month. :smiley:

9 Likes

On the contrary ranger is probably the most conservative unit added in DE
it’s a mediocre skirmisher whose only advantage is high dmg (at the cost of shorter range and lower multiplier), unlocked by an age 4 card. And you could not improve it.
Now that you can finally improve it, but it still requires a church card (as a prerequisite) to do so.
As a result you’ll need to dedicate a whole build order to get a good ranger build. 1 church card + 1 church tech + 1 ranger card (not counting the improvements), and the result is not very strong either.
I have the same issue with most church cards. They simply do not worth a card slot. Hope it gets a major revisit.

I still think the age 4 ranger card and the church techs should give a small bonus than just unlocking the unit.

3 Likes

Yes my current issue with Rangers is if you don’t send the church card but you still have the Age4 Ranger card, You cant upgrade your rangers with the Longbow cards as they will not transform?

Yeoman already did improve Rangers range though right? Has that been removed now so it is solely a longbow card unless you do the church tech?

I need to try it first but it sounds a little messy, I am happy they are still working on them though

I think it should be a pure aesthetic change and the effects should be simply bundled, which means the bonus to the other unit (longbow or ranger) before and after the replacement should remain.
Like if I already sent yeomanry and then research rogers rangers, is the bonus automatically applied? It should. No reason to resend the card.
Or if I first research rogers rangers, then send the card, does it apply to longbowmen (they still exist)?

2 Likes

Love how Age 3 got updates more consistently than the loved age 2.

Well, This notes
 will have some “extras” too? Last patch wasn’t mentioned that “improved building” would be moved to age 4. Was surprised by it. Although was mentioned in a patch BEFORE that, that the ottomans only would have this.

The Revolutionary “Coursair Marksman” also got an aditional 5 HP not mentioned. I liked it, but again, nothing in the notes.

6 Likes

Currently on the pup, the cards also change with the age IV card. So unless thats a bug, you dont need the church card.

1 Like

Seems Lakota has a new age 4 card that gives their warchief stealth that I don’t think was mentioned. Also they got HC customizations and explorer customizations.

13 Likes

This card already gave the Warchief stealth:
image Center of Power

It’s also really disappointing that there’s no Heyoka explorer skin.

5 Likes

That would make more sense.

1 Like

So much card for make them somewhat viable
 I understand that Devs wanted to preserve the classic British roster, but I think that this unit should be just trainable without cards. People will welcome it if it’s balanced.

1 Like

Yeah I do not think having a fourth unit in the barracks would change the British gameplay drastically
they are not super cost effective units and do not overlap with longbows (so the long unlock chain and full replacement make less sense).

Edit: card replacement could still be a feature because there is probably no room for more cards.
Specifically:
Ranger is available by default
Rogers rangers change the cards and makes them accessible (not trainable) in age 2
Ranger card swaps existing longbows to rangers (but does not eliminate longbows from barracks), with a small buff, or maybe not.
All longbow cards buff rangers as well with the current bonus (card name swap could still happen. It looks cool to have Bakers rifle).

4 Likes

I made a suggestion for British Sharpshooters before Rangers were added and some people were losing their minds about that so I guess their approach is to appease that crowd.

But at this point, the cat’s out of the bag and they should get rid of the weird replacement thing. They should be concurrent with Longbows and available by default in age 4 (just like Pavisiers and Bersagliere).

They should probably nerf Longbows a little and buff Rangers to make the transition justified. I think the Yeomen card should give them the promotion ability instead of extra range and the imperial Longbow upgrade could be nixed.

3 Likes

I was a bit confused by the wording of the new pavisier card but testing it this is how it works. In age 4 it gives a 30% hp buff to pavisiers and 15% to pikes/halbs. It has a damage aura similar to state militia where it increases the larger the group is. It seems to max out at 31 pavisiers providing a 30% attack boost (the exact number needed could be wrong if the UI is rounding the attack up) So as long as your group is greater than 30 you essentially have guard pavisiers.

In age 5 the card gives an additional 25% hp to pavisisers (Not to pikeman and halbs) and the damage aura also provides an additional 25% essentially maxing out pavisier stats at 1.75x base stats (without other cards/techs other than the veteran upgrade) In imperial you only need 8 to have the full bonus.

For pikes/halbs in age 4 it seems to max out at 39 pikes/35halbs with 10% attack and in age 5 they get 20% attack.

I’m very happy guard pavisiers are essentially in the game. The lack of an age 4 upgrade for them was basically the only thing that I disliked about Italy.

Edit: I was maxing out upgrades and it seemed like with maxed upgrades halbs got 15% attack in age 4 so maybe I still don’t know how it works for pikes/halbs lol but it should be accurate for pavisiers.

2 Likes

Just gonna hold my breath
 until January 2023 at this rate.
And its gonna be to little and too late.

3 Likes

I personally am not fan of the new way minor settlements are controlled, but I will see how it plays out in-game.

1 Like