June PUP- Lakota Rework

Sure that is reasonable free spamable estate would be pretty ridiculous, i think somewhere about 400-500 wood is ok since you do need to research a tech beforehand

I tested the Qizilbash and the Tengri Shrine, and the Tengri units reuse voice lines from AoE2 Tatars (which is to be expected), but the Qizilbash reuses Ottoman lines instead of speaking Persian like people here thought.

1 Like

However, in reality, the three Asian civs are much more wrong and have more serious stereotypes than Lacota.

4 Likes

I once had a fight with her because I wanted the devs to fix a typo (“Atakabune” should be “Atakebune”) and she said it was pointless, so I don’t have the best opinion of her. lol

Seriously? The Persian lines in AoE2 were awful but at least they weren’t the language of their nemesis!

2 Likes

A gimicky idea for the tribal marketplace: by upgrading them with a bit of wood, When hunters and shepherds gather near it, they also slowly gather coin but the hunts they are gathering from yield less food and their hunts last slightly shorter. Food gather rate is unchanged. Also, each coin gained from these hunts/herdable is extracted from a single mine near a tribal marketplace.

Nigh impossible to balance, but it would turn them from Mining with extra steps to something a bit more interesting.

The Haudenosaunee rework is missing but now that the Lakota have their rework I wonder if the developers will be working on a new native civilization for the American continent.

Note: maybe Mapuches or Tupis? I still think that South America is too empty.

2 Likes

If they add playable South American civs, I hope they also add more minor civs to that region as well.

4 Likes

It’s good for a game to restore the national style. PLZ DO NOT ask for the Correctness of culture, because this is not what a game should do.

7 Likes

Culturally accurate is not exist unless you make a game by yourself.

4 Likes

I’m sorry. Then why have different cultures in the first place? So that people can fulfil their fantasies about other people?

It is a game based on cultures. While we can’t have everything historically exactly the way it is, the game should try and lately the new civs have been culturally very well designed.

5 Likes

For AOE 3, the cultural differences are very important. That’s right. But please pay attention that this is just a GAME. The game should try it’s best to be fun, but not for culturally accurate. What’s more, there are many Cultural inaccuracy in game such as Napoleon’s Bourbon flag, The chaotic Japanese timeline and Chinese buildings. It’s good enough for Lakota

8 Likes

I’m just patiently waiting for a Canadian civ with moose cavalry and power creeped banks

11 Likes

Accuracy is just one of many aspects. Asking for a more historical accurate change is not different from asking for balance changes or simply demanding more content. These opinions should be listened and respected.
On the other hand however, these history buffs do tend to show some weird obcession or bias. I mean, if aoe is to be 100% accurate on lakota “economy” that said above, they are gonna have to stand aginst maxed out european/asian age V army with like a dozen age II-III units. And that’s not gonna make the game any “fun”.

8 Likes

Dude, don’t talk about chinese mixed up dynasty. Any attempt to seperate Qing and Ming dynasty will draw some unwanted attention and likely to burn this forum down XD

lol, actually I mean that Chinese building style is nonsense. If anyone dared to build the building style like Age V at that time, he would definitely be beheaded

2 Likes

It could be an upgrade in the building with that cost

Before this update, there was a grand total of ONE uniquely Lakota reference in the civ. Otherwise, the civ was more accurate to the Cheyenne than it was to the Lakota.
It could have been named “Mandan,” “Crow,” “Hidatsa,” or “Cheyenne,” and been more accurate than naming it “Lakota.”

It’s not a matter of making the Lakota highly accurate. It’s a matter of making them the Lakota at all. Outside the PUP, they are just an amalgamation of nations that covers an area the size of Europe with the name of the largest nation slapped on it. This would be like making a civ that covers the entirety of Europe and slapping the name, “Wales,” on it it.

5 Likes

I am counting on two new native South American civs - Mapuche civ and Tupi civ. These would be the counterparts of the native North American Iroquois civ and Lakota civ. Historical Battles involving Native Americans from the both Americas could appear with such a DLC. With this DLC there would be an update adding brand new maps and Minor Nations from South America.

Post-colonial civs are great for filling the time between releasing larger DLCs. Now it’s time for South America. I think the 3 South American postcolonial states deserve a presence in the game:

1. Argentines
  2. Brazilians
  3. Gran Colombians - this civilization could, like the civ Mexicans, have the possibility of an indigenous revolution turning Gran Colombia into Muisca - it would be a celebration of the third highly developed pre-Columbian civilization right after the Mesoamans and the Incas.
2 Likes

Thats why they was called Sioux, as an umbrella civ from great planes: Dakota, Lakota, Nakota

6 Likes