June PUP- Lakota Rework

Natives need access to mercenaries

They can convert treasure guardians but it takes a lomg-ish time and the cooldown is shared with the other Warchieft skills (which I don’t understand)

1 Like

Why do they need them?

1 Like

Why not? Every other civ has them.

Cool, then play them. I always saw the native civs having more access to minor civ units as a replacement for mercs. And Africans are a half and half

The main reason Natives don’t have access to mercenaries is because of the Community Plazas. If you gave the Lakota easy access to units like Highlanders or Mamelukes, they’d gain unreasonably OP stats from the Plazas and teepee bonuses, as well as the Warchief auras.

4 Likes

Maybe for aztecs and inca, but hauds and lakota sacrifice eco for that plaza. So they can’t keep up the mercs for long.

Also mercs get hard countered by spies.

1 Like

My general feeling is that lakota early game has been over nerfed. Has anyone found any strategies that don’t involve FF or even FI?

I still see people just going fast age up into 4 cav 3 cav

Also just noticed that the Morning Star cards also grants map vision, axe rider bonus vs treasures and also increase treasure bounty

Italy + Lakota + japan treasure team could be busted lol

2 Likes

Be cool to see these treasure bonus cards be used a bit more, think it’s only viable in 2v2’s or more.

They already have it with Gun Running (Embassy Big Button): "Enables your Native Embassy to recruit sinister Outlaws and powerful Captured Mortars…

Outlaws, not mercenaries

Outlaws are a bit different from mercs.

@Ekdal1378 Well it’s similar…