Just a suggestion for incas

Keep in mind they adressed:
Obsidian arrows
Steppe Lancers
Cuman speed
Coustillier charge damage
Turks anti archer bonuses
Arambai

just to name a few. Those were things that were frustrating to play against and I’m glad Inca vill rushing is getting added to the list. It’s not like they will suddenly not get used like the Burgundians were. And even if, that’s for the better because then we can talk buffs and their team bonus might get reworked. The complaints don’t make any sense to me.

I am heavily against redesigning a civ without a balance or game design reason. Civ was not over-picked (floating between 2-3%) and did not have an extraordinarily high win rate (floating between 50-55%). So basically the reason for this change is because a minority of players who play open maps are unhappy to get pressured early in game. Better solution is that those people play different maps, or ask for help on playing with different strategies. Not to change the game for everyone else.

These were also all quite recent things, unlike Incas, which has mostly been the way it is now for several years. (remember that towers also underwent a powerful nerf with the release of DE)

And Burmese currently doesn’t even get 1% play-rate. So probably similar fate awaits Incas.

This one I can at least see being justifiable. Even now Mayans on 1650+ have a 55% win-rate, so it’s not implausible for them to be OP with Obsidian Arrows.

there are many “useless” civs which nobody talks about but when the devs balance a civ out it becomes “useless”

I agree. Pls don’t apply the nerf.
If they are going to change it, I hope the civ gets a whole revamp at least.

1 Like

Have you seen the list of changes in pup. Its a bunch of stuff i have seen in the threads. Swapping the franks bonuses. Lowering the donjon towers cost. Serjeant cost. Helping burgundians eco bonuses. They can’t please everyone but seem to be doing a decent job of trying.

1 Like

The same cannot be said for the AoE I and AoM community.

I think it is a good idea. I would be more on favor of a little buff for their quite week eagles though. EWs move 10%, for instance. More importantly, the team bonus is just awfull. The free lama would be better as a team bonus.

I consider it even weaker than the Saracen team bonus so if they are gonna buff the Incas in anyway they should start by changing their awful team bonus.

It gets you 2 food faster per farm, approximately. It really is very marginal.

1 Like