Khmer now no good for late game choke point maps

Tangent: I actually think this would be an awesome addition to the current Inca team bonus (assuming it doesn’t result in a smaller walking area/faster gather rate). It would allow for a more compact/defensible eco.

Back to Khmer…

1 Like

Pretty sure it would result in a smaller walking area so faster gather rate and would be closer to drop off points so double bonus.

It would fit the Inca theme though. Maybe they slow the walking speed on the farms to compensate. Curious how much more efficient it would be to have 2x2 farms.

1 Like

I’m not sure it would be a faster gather rate though. IIRC villagers only walk on a 2x2 area of farms anyway.

2 Likes

Because historically gunpowder makes little sense for Khmer while they were huge crossbow fans. Also I don’t see how Arbs would protect your siege against onagers, which was what the BBC has been deemed to good at for Khmer.

2 Likes

Where is the stone cost for castles? Okay enough said, Im not coming here to discuss such an obvious thing to me.

1 Like

Well, I’ve confirmed that Khmer are no longer in my civ collection for this type of game. Just got wrecked by Onagers + Hals in a chokey game, as predicted - trying to micro Hussars around the back etc doesn’t work unless the map is open.

Try celts. They’d suit you.

1 Like