Kipchack animation bugged (delayed)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.39515.0 5328560
  • Platform: Steam & Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: xWHIT3W0LFx

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

The animation of the Kipchack unit is delayed, so the arrows magically spawn out of the horses head.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. Use the Kipchack unit and attack a target.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

The arrows are already in the air while the Kipchack has not even drawn his bow:

As he draws his bow the arrows are already hitting the target:

You can watch the animation in Spirit of the Law’s latest video. All other mounted archer units doesn’t have this problem as far as I saw.

6 Likes

This bugged me too. I wish they consider this a “bug” but the devs aren’t likely to do so. This has been a “feature” for the mangudai too since AoK.

Because the kipchak has a 0 frame delay, the only possible fix is to make the attack animation’s starting frame a fully drawn bow. That means there is no smooth transition from a static stance frame, i.e. no animation of drawing the bow. It won’t be a perfect solution but I would like to see it implemented.

3 Likes

The Mangudai has a very quick drawing animation and for me it looks absolutely acceptable and smooth. The drawing animation of the Kipchack could also be done the same way. It doesn’t have to be perfectly in sync but at least less obviously delayed.

3 Likes

Problem not yet fixed. It really annoys me how those arrows come out of the horse’s head.