Korean Buffs

To be honest, a friend who always plays as Korean in single-player vs. AI and multi vs. AI is going back to AoE2:HD, as of a week or two back. To be fair, it is partly because he likes HD’s graphics better, too (crisper, more contrast, etc.)

I have a feeling he’s tired of not feeling like the civ is very powerful in DE, and the recent turtle ship damage issue didn’t help things. (At the conclusion of the turtle ship issue game, that’s when he said he was moving back to HD.) Of course, if towers have been nerfed in DE, too, he’d notice because he makes a lot of towers to help his defense and offense. He has a classic turtler AoE playstyle, so when enemy AI comes storming into his town, he defends with a bunch of towers he’s built. Lately, it seems like that strategy hasn’t been working that well for him.

Plus, I just saw a bug report with someone saying the Korean wood discount bonus doesn’t work. If true, that’d just be icing on the cake for my friend

Poor Korean civ. Are War Wagons pretty weak in DE now compared to HD, too?

Uh oh, I use Spanish all the time. So when he and I team up vs. AI, sounds like we’re definitely not a force to be reckoned with, lol