Korean Turtle Ships damage is way off/random

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44725.0 6115729
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The Koreans unique unique, the Turtle Ship, sometimes deals 1 dmg, or 10, or 25, or any number between 1 and 50 instead of what it’s supposed to, and deals 1 damage to buildings.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
I tested it on 2 matches, and the same thing. So 100% of the time so far.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
  • 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)
  • 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
  • 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Make a turtle ship or 10
  2. Attack other ships/shore buildings and see if the damage is correct.
  3. This was tested as Korean’s vs Malay.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Turtle ships are supposed to have a set amount of damage, not a random number of damage between 1-50.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
Round 1 Game 2, Max v Tyler.aoe2record (7.5 MB)

Issue happens at 33:15 game time, where turtle ships start attacking enemy ships/buildings.

3 Likes

I observed this too and made a quick vid on it

https://youtu.be/pnqqstMJ7Oc

2 Likes

Thanks for the vid, was going to get around to it after work but saves me some time :smiley:

1 Like

this mangonel bug might be related too

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve witnessed this bug. 10 turtle ships shooting at a building and it was barely making dents

1 Like

This thread is probably related too (and perhaps should be merged into here): Korean turtle ships do not damage enemy ports when attacking at maximum range

I definitely agree this bug should be fixed. Koreans are still underpowered even with the buffs in the past few patches.

Korean turtle ships do not damage enemy ports when attacking at maximum range.

1 Like

This thread is probably related: Korean Turtle Ships damage is way off/random

I think this is definitely an issue that should be addressed; Koreans are still underpowered even after the previous buffs.

Thank you for the report! The team is aware of this issue and should have a fix incoming in the next Hotfix; stay tuned and let us know if it continues after that point! :+1:

5 Likes

great video by age of noob channel about the bug, would recommend

1 Like

Thanks for everything you guys do and getting fixes out in a timely manner :slight_smile: Seems to be fixed now and happy to help report bugs when they arise.

2 Likes