KOTD3 ideas and discussion

At last you finally admit what we all knew.

You dont want aoe2 to be aoe2. You want aoe2 to be more like aoe3. Good news. Aoe3 is coming out. I prefer my aoe2 to be more like aoe2. I accept AoE2 for what it is, yeah the civs aren’t that different from each other; yeah, civs tend to rely on 2-3 strategies only, and games can end quickly. i’m okay with all that. and apparently so are plenty of others.

Also you have no proof that drastically different civs leads to longer games, or that your idea will offset snowballs. you are making completely unsubstantiated and vague claims with no evidence to back it up. which is hilarious considering you made this comment a little bit ago.

If what you say is the truth, that widely different civs with widely different bonuses will lead to longer games, that are also aggressive throughout (and not just macro into aggression), please provide the proof, complete with sources. or is your plan to completely gut the early game of any semblance of power, and put all the bonuses castle age and beyond, thus forcing the game to go into late game artificially?

So basically you want something this game has never been. Thanks but ill take my aoe2 being aoe2 over being something radically different.

Also ill ask you something you never answered in the past. With civs being more unique unit/unique tech centric how do you balance a civ with elephant unique units against civs with units like the shotel and karambit?

how do you balance civs with heavy cavalry unique units against civs with archer unique units?

1 Like