Lack of News (Possible Delay?)

Am I the only one who is disappointed and concerned by the lack of news? Age Up is nothing interesting and fails at being educational while maintaining entertainment and making close links to the actual game. Media is extremely limited, all we are getting are wallpapers but no new screenshoots, gameplay videos or anything outlining the artistic aspects of the game. I feel like as if the game is about to get delayed. It is way too quiet for a game that is set to release in two weeks. The communication towards the community has also been very poor and limited in scope.

What is your take on this?

There has been a bit of quiet… Then again there isn’t a massive amount of things to show aside from gameplay videos. People already know how it will play :slight_smile:

Hopefully it’s not delayed, but if it needs to be, that’s better than releasing it with major issues like the multiplayer desync or random crash issue.

The communication department is the worst I have ever seen in one game. Even the gameplay videos is always someone else that post in their respective pages. Not even one print screen of the new arts apart of the ones released when the game was announced. Too strange…

Excluding Gamescom there hasn’t been much news since June. The team is very busy. I wouldn’t read much into it. @jennywaboom said the first insider newsletter will be sent out this month, so there’s that at least.

Well i would not be surprised if they do, the IA have some strange beahaviors sometimes that I don’t recall having in the original version :s

@MarceloMoura10 said:
The communication department is the worst I have ever seen in one game.

Then you’re gonna love AoE IV, because Relic are the absolute masters at that.

I’ve seen plenty of quiet periods around here in my day, but I’ve never seen them delay a release once they went date certain. Anything’s possible, but I think the fans are aware of what the game is going to look like. It’s AoE1 with a new coat of paint. I don’t need a bunch of walk through videos to image what that will look like.

@“Andy P” said:
I’ve seen plenty of quiet periods around here in my day, but I’ve never seen them delay a release once they went date certain. Anything’s possible, but I think the fans are aware of what the game is going to look like. It’s AoE1 with a new coat of paint. I don’t need a bunch of walk through videos to image what that will look like.

Speak for yourself. And another thing…are you sure no Age have ever been delayed recently? I would check again…

I am speaking for myself.

Good

my credit card was charged today for pre order so it doesn’t look like there will be a delay.

I have preordered the game, and they have finally charged me the money, and it says it will unlock on Oct 19. So, I think they are on track, and they promised that it will be released on 20th anniversary…so get your hopes up and WOLOLO!

And it happened…delayed to 2018.

AoE is delayed what a shame and lame

The problem is that, in the other hand, the credit card charge didn’t delay for who pre-ordered. :smiley:
I’m curious to see how they will handle it.

Well, I hope that I can be choson for the beta now!

I do not mind that the game is postponed. I rather play a good game in a few months, than a buggy one right away.

What I do not like however, is that I paid 20$ a few days ago for a product that does not exist! On Facebook it is said that we who paid will get an email with info. That would have been ok, if we had actually got the email at the same time as the info about the delay came out on Facebook. As for now, I have paid for a product that does not exist with no further information than a new promise that it will exist in “early 2018” and a promise of more info in the future.

This is not ok.

Too bad they delayed the release and kinda shocking that six days pre-release date they announced a several-month delay, but a better game beats a half-baked release every time. I gotta assume a decision was made to make some largish adjustments that will take some additional labor and scheduling. Kinda like pulling a movie for drastic reshoots.

Honestly, it’s refreshing to see this kind of prioritization from MS. It’s also the kind of news that quickly identifies the most cynical and grumpiest people on the forum, so that’ll be helpful later when it’s released and the natural hate brigade takes to the streets and we need to separate the real issues from the flames.

I can’t wait to learn how not releasing a game quickly and delaying it for quality is some kind of obvious cashgrab by a company that has no idea what it is doing. I’ll be over here hitting F5 until this very helpful lesson arrives from a stalwart champion of all that is good and true about the franchise.

@“Andy P” said:
Too bad they delayed the release and kinda shocking that six days pre-release date they announced a several-month delay, but a better game beats a half-baked release every time. I gotta assume a decision was made to make some largish adjustments that will take some additional labor and scheduling. Kinda like pulling a movie for drastic reshoots.

Honestly, it’s refreshing to see this kind of prioritization from MS. It’s also the kind of news that quickly identifies the most cynical and grumpiest people on the forum, so that’ll be helpful later when it’s released and the natural hate brigade takes to the streets and we need to separate the real issues from the flames.

I can’t wait to learn how not releasing a game quickly and delaying it for quality is some kind of obvious cashgrab by a company that has no idea what it is doing. I’ll be over here hitting F5 until this very helpful lesson arrives from a stalwart champion of all that is good and true about the franchise.

The decision is good, I just don’t like to pay money in advance for a non-existing product :smile: If I had got an email that would be fine, but now this seems like a whole mess.

I am okay. I have not played the original so if they put a more modern look, the better for me :slight_smile:

Forgot to say, not to mention a modern gameplay too.