Lag

I cant figure out why im experiencing lag every game after upgrading my internet. I didnt have the problem before but i had to upgrade the internet for my job. So if anything i figured that should only improve gaming.

I only ever had in game lag rarely/randomly before. Now i get it multiple times every single game.

My computer exceeds the reccomended specs and i tried lowering the graphics way down but it seems pretty consistant at every graphics level. About 4 or 5 times a game it will just pause for a second or two and then speed through the actions to catch back up. Otherwise the game runs smoothy the rest of the time. But those few times it happens can mess up critical, micro, moments.

I’ve also downloaded the latest drivers for the graphics card.

Any suggestions or ideas on why this is happening all of a sudden? Or what i can do to figure out the cause?

I have 16 GB of DDR4 3600 Ram, 4GB GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card and AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor…

My best guess is it may be the wifi adapter. I read some people had problems with the adapter losing the signal briefly and then coming back on. But i never had the problem before and I’ve been using it for over a year.
( TP-Link USB WiFi Adapter for Desktop PC, AC1300Mbps USB 3.0 WiFi Dual Band Network Adapter with 2.4GHz/5GHz High Gain Antenna(Archer T3U Plus)

(Using a Lan cable is not ideal for the location of the PC in relation to the router.)

The only other problem I’ve had with the computer is that for some reason when im on google chrome the screen will go black momenterily when switching tabs or something. Its probably unrelated but any advice on that would also be appreciated.

I know this is a long question so thank you in advance for any advice or helpful tips you might have.

Hello, I recommend that you do the following.

Enter this page for useful troubleshooting information and generate a dxdiag file.

Then, send a request through this page to get help from the technical service.

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001686692

I hope this information is helpful