Lakota Messenger Cards and related feedback

A new age-up system for the Tortuamericans would probably work best to reflect this - the Haudenosaunee have their Clans and the Lakota have their Oyate. It’d make far more sense to age-up using these systems.

Give them the option among five different Clans or Oyate to choose from on aging up. Let them bring in allies from outside their own people, like the Cheyenne and Arapaho through these alliances.

While I may agree with your argumentation, do we really need yet another North American minor civ native site when South America has a total of, what, 4-6 minor civs (and this is if we include the Carib and I don’t think the Jesuits and the Zapotec really count)? I just think that South America is in need of more attention than North America right now, since it really didn’t get much in both the legacy game and the Definitive Edition (though the developers did improve somethings).

So the Lakota have seven Oyate - Hunkpapa, Oglala, Sichangu, Itazipcho, Mnikowoju, Oohenumpa, Sihasapa - while the Haudenosaunee have nine Clans - Bear, Wolf, Deer, Turtle, Eel, Beaver, Snipe, Hawk, Heron.

Why the devs didn’t use this system for the Age-up factor of both civs is beyond me, but I’d really like to see both civs utilize their respective Clan/Oyate systems as a major part of their gameplay, not just card names.

The card names are just fancy techs with interesting names. These types of things should have a tangible effect on the way the two civs function at a fundamental level, and could easily serve as the “gimmick” to separate the Tortuamerican civs from the Meso and South American civs.

Neat. Go make a thread about it and make some ideas. This is about the Lakota. Trying to discuss what deserves an update over any other piece is pointless and just serves to cause arguments that are irrelevant and take the discussion way off topic.

1 Like