πŸ›  Large Infrastructure update - Wednesday, March 22 - I, II, III DE, and IV

WHAT: Larger Infrastructure update

WHEN: 2023-03-22T19:00:00Z→2023-03-23T01:00:00Z

EST. DOWNTIME: 6 HOURS

GAMES & PLATFORMS:

• Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store )
  • Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store / Xbox)
  • Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store )
  • Age of Empires IV (Steam / Microsoft Store )

OBJECTIVES:

• Large Infrastructure Server Update

DETAILS:

This coming Wednesday, March 22 , the platform team will be taking the multiplayer servers down for a larger Infrastructure update. Please note:

*Online matchmaking will be disabled exactly one hour before the maintenance window to prevent disruption to newly-formed matches.

*Any matches still in progress at the start of the maintenance window will be disrupted when the servers are taken offline.`

*DURING THE MAINTENANCE WINDOW, YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO LAUNCH THE GAME, BUT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MATCHMAKE OR ACCESS ANY ONLINE FEATURES.

To prevent any interruptions, we recommend wrapping up any games at least 10 minutes before the maintenance window. The downtime is expected to last 6 hours** . You can watch this thread for any changes to the schedule as they arise, as well as the all-clear when the maintenance is complete.

Thank you for your patience!

3 Likes

I hope a server opens for Turkey location.

2 Likes

Any info on what this update is supposed to influence and in what way?

2 Likes

Any updates for Xbox series x?Because first and last update take great 800x600 resolution on series x in maximum zoom.before is was normal,now is look like original version on PC witch default resolution and is was 800x600This game realy need big fix.

Please let us opt out of the chat filter, it’s terrible!

2 Likes

I am unable to open the game, not trying to do multiplayer.

6 hours at prime time wth, just wanted to do some age and chill and now this??? 6 hours no age???

22 mars , unable to play online on age of empire 2

I hope, we get faster networks, faster servers, more servers, less lagging for AoE II. If so, I appreciate your work.

1 Like

Well, timezones :smiley: Life is terrible, But its done now !

Why Age of Empires DE? the unique game what no have active players and updates xD

The Server is ON! Lets play!

still not working for me

I am in US still not working for me are you in a different timezone?

Timezone doesn’t matter in that fact

Server Maintenance is now COMPLETE!

If you experience any NEW issues as a result of the maintenance, please send us a support ticket.

https://support.ageofempires.com/