Leaderboard Suggestion!

I have an idea for a LEADERBOARD. This is something that could encourage players in playing. It is something that should be visible when you are playing, online. Not something that you must go through a website or XBOX or whatever. Next to your name, you would have your ranking, for example : 1st (best player of AOE : DE), 145th, or 1735th! This is something that speaks more than a score. Because you really get to compare yourself to the entire community.

How can we accomplish this? Simple. Behind these rankings, there would be a hidden score.

1v1 :

WIN : Against a better player : +10
Against a player with a lower score than you : +1
Against a player that has a way too low score than you : +0 (to prevent farming with alternate accounts or by playing against complete begginers just to improve your score)

LOSE : Against a better player : -1
Against a player with a lower score than you : -10

Teams :

First, it retains the largest amount of players per teams. So if it’s a 4v2, then the largest number is 4 players per team.

We’ll create a ‘Team score’ by adding up all of their players and divided it by the number above.

For example :

TEAM #1:
Pro_4840 (Score : 8000)
Mix_Fun (Score : 7500)

Total divided by 4 : 3,875

TEAM #2 :
Noob1514 (Score : 3500)
Beginnerxxx (Score : 2800)
Lalalalgrrg (Score : 6757)
Mumu (Score : 500)

Total divided by 4 : 3,389

Based on this, the system is saying that there is a much higher probability that team #1 is going to win over team #2. Now, if

The strongest team WINS : +1 for all who survived the match. those who did not : -10
The strongest team LOSES : -10 for all
The weakest team WINS : +10 for all who survived the match, those who did not : -1
The weakest team LOSES : -1 for all

In another world, let’s say we increase the skillevel of team #2 just a bit :

TEAM #1:
Pro_4840 (Score : 8000)
Mix_Fun (Score : 7500)

Total divided by 4 : 3,875

TEAM #2 :
Noob1514 (Score : 3500)
Beginnerxxx (Score : 2800)
Lalalalgrrg (Score : 6757)
Beastmode_on (Score : 7200)

Total divided by 4 : 5064,25

Now, the system is saying there is much higher chance of team #2 winning. Now, this is what happens :

If team #1 wins : +10 for succeeding a 2v4 against decent players even though they have a weaker average score) This only applies to all who survived the match, others get -1
If team #1 loses : -1 (or -0, depending on the gap the dev applies)

If team #2 wins : +1 for those who survived the match, for simply winning 4v2. But depending on the gap, it could be +0 too. It’s -10 for those who did not survive.
if team #2 loses : -10 for all

Leaderboard

With such scoring in place, it could be translated into a ‘ranking’. So you know how many players you’re better than!

THIS IS PURELY SUGGESTIVE AND OPENED TO IMPROVEMENT!

On any given day there should be a different winner. I lean towards a system where everyday the winner for that day gets some kind of recognition like a star or a trophy. Ranking is important too like the 1600 system except you get a ranking for the day you play. Instead of it being based on your rating it should be a ranking. By this I mean if you beat a team or person you get an increase in rank for that day. The highest ranker is the one with the most wins that day and the each win gains a rank. A visual for the day rank should exist so you know if you are playing someone with 10 wins or 1 win for that day. Ranks should start at 100 and reduce by 1 for each game played and a win reduces them by 10 upto a minimum of 1 as being top ranked for that day. (10 wins = A Rank of No 1) . Your rating adjusts accordingly so you know in the long term who is a good player by looking at their rating and you also know their form on any given day by their ranking.

they dont even care about any suggestion

1 Like

Since they don’t care about suggestions, I’ll pitch this out of subject suggestion here so I can’t say I didn’t suggest it. But why the ■■■■ do we have to log in to watch our stats? I have three e-mails so it’s really annoying having to log in everytime I want to check if people are noobs or not… #ok done