Linux support

As a fan of the Age of Empires series and a Linux user, I’d really enjoy if Linux support was considered (read: I wouldn’t play AoE4 if it required the use of a non-free operating system).

The Linux port of Relic Entertainment games like Company of Heroes and Dawn of War has already been worked on by Feral Interactive, so I’m pretty sure such a decision would be more about politics / business than technicalities.

Also, if the help of an experienced Linux developer with a short but fruitful experience working on a AAA RTS game was needed to make this happen, I’d be more than happy to volunteer.

1 Like

They’ll probably release a free Windows 10 version instead of porting this game to Linux platforms. But I like your idea. I love working with Linux core installations and running them as VM’s on free Hyper-V 2012/2016 servers. If they would decide to port it then the game could also become available for Mac OSX of course.

1 Like

The Linux port of Relic Entertainment games like Company of Heroes and Dawn of War has already been worked on by Feral Interactive, so I’m pretty sure such a decision would be more about politics / business than technicalities.
I don’t think so. The pc gaming still on Windows market.