Literal Map Monsters?

Season 2 is called “Map Monsters”. Does it strike you as an odd title, given that there arent any sea monsters in the game?

The twitter trivia really hyped various kinds of monsters and even asked ppl “reply below with a picture of a sea monster you’d send your army to fight”

Could they be considering adding sea monsters to make water gameplay more fun? Do you like this idea?

I think water play needs more counterplay options. Monsters could be “lure-able” like the boar, and maybe autospawn and travel like civ barbarians. You could use them even if not controlling them.

I’d enjoy monsters.

1 Like

Is this age of mythology?

2 Likes

Ha. Well i think its a reasonable level of myth. Kinda like relics causing mass conversions. I would say being able to train creatures would be going too far.

But ai sea creatures sounds fun.

1 Like

It’s not aom lmao, it’s because maps from the Medieval era often had sea monsters depectited on them as the ocean was quite mysterious, unexplored, and dangerous. Despite that’s its still kinda a random theme tbh.

1 Like

They could add sea monsters for mods.
I would like to see at leaet an improvement on naval combat though

2 Likes

It would be very interesting if the game would pretend the mythical things people believed in at the time really exist.

Sea monsters, forest faeries, alchemy, gargoyles, stuff like that.

Magical realism.

Darklands game did that and it’s one of the most unique, immersive and atmospheric game worlds I ever seen.

1 Like

Thats a great idea for a mod. Then we could see how much people like it.

1 Like