Lithuanians - balance suggestions

Maybe it is just poorly worded, but it implies they get it in Castle, and then again in Imperial.

1 Like

If Leitis ic now cheaper, is simply no reason why Cataphract Elite Upgade is still so expensive. And Cataphract alone is still so expensive.

1 Like

Btw I really don’t agree khmer should have bombard cannon removed. It makes no sense to me.

I though teutons were getting +2 armor for infantry and +1 for knights. Knights +2 melee armor would be SO BROKEN

1 Like

It’s +1 only for both 11 They had the same poor wording when they announced the infantry only version.

The Leitis change was likely motivated by this thread (Leitis too limited useful compared to Knight line?)

I’m not sure about the new Stirrup. Since stables are cheaper than Krepost, I guess now everyone will Knight spam, build a Castle, grab Stirrups and then resume knigth spam. And in late-game/TG, Palas were better vs things that shoot arrows but not vs counter cav, so there was a choice to make which was nice.

1 Like

It’s crazy how influential this forum is on the balance changes. 50 gold better cavaliers sound insane to me, plus the faster training change

2 Likes

Well, in my mod I reduced creation time and 5g. But 50g leitis is porbably Broken

1 Like

Yes, in this post I didn’t even want leitis get nerfed. Decreasing gold cost by 30 is HUGE. Maybe they should reconsider that. I think that if those changes become live, leitis will be op. I agree with @OliveCereal4714, if you want leitis get buffed, that’s the only thing you could do, decrease the gold cost by a little and the creation time aswell.

2 Likes

Yes. I think they overbuffed it.

When it’s staggered through ages they write +1/+2 in castle/imperial, so it’s just one, and unneeded buff, since they’re already powerful on melee, and it doesn’t help vs halbs/camels.

And let’s not forget about their now super OP UT, +2 could be normal (even if not balanced to me) but +2 on their ES make them too powerful.

Im not sure. ES will have 10 PA, now with Tower Shields have 9. FU Arb deal 10 dmg, this mean with 9 or 10 PA ESkirm will recive 1 dmg. Normal FU ES deal 7 dmg + 4 bonus vs Archers. So here also this additional 1 PA dont make diference.
Diference will be only with high damage units like Conqs or Arambai.

10 PA also mean less damage from UU such as longbows, scorps, or defensive buildings.

New link for the mod, if anyone was wondering

https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/14712/

yes leitis is indeed weak i have played couple of houndred matches as liths and i made leitis like 5 times for serious reason.

My suggestion for a buff of the Lithuanians is giving them the Arbalester. Since you called for some buffs on the Lithuanians, then I’d say let’s give them the Arbalester and after all, it would make up another civ with an Eastern European building set that uses the Arbalester.

I do not think there is any civ with Both Paladin and Arbalest in the game, and the reason for that is that it may be OP.

Eit: There is, the Bizantines, but they have by far the worst Paladins, without Bloodlines and Blast Furnace.

1 Like

only Byzantines but they are weakest paladins.

1 Like

Exactly. Arbalest + Paladin may be an unstoppable combo, and maybe that is why no civ has both.

Apparently Magyars have them both, however.

Yes Magyars have both. You can’t forget about the fact that there’s more than 1 civ that uses both the Arbalester and Paladin which as of right now there’s only 2 civs with both of those. I wouldn’t mind the Arbalester being given to the Lithuanians.