Lithuanians' Relic bonus applied to Poles?

What does everyone think about applying the cavalry relic bonus of Lithuanians to Poles as well?

They share the Winged Hussar, so it might be an idea to share that Relic bonus?

1 Like

civs don’t share civ bonuses. the Winged Hussar is a regional unit, much like the Steppe Lancer, Elephants, and Eagles.

10 Likes

Perhaps a separate relic bonus / scout-line receives 10 hp per relic gained up to 4 relics (40 hp extra)

1 Like

why would a civ that isn’t a monk civ have relic related bonuses? makes zero sense.

4 Likes

I love this idea because Poland has always been a very religious, Catholic state.

Though but it could become a separate bonus giving extra attack or even better, Pierce Armor to their Archers.
Would be the first time to see more Melee resistant Archers that yet lack 2 Pierce Armor offsetting that.

2 Likes

I would like to each civ has a relic Bonus…

2 Likes

That’s why in the pre-dlc discussion of poles we alway called it a “cavalry and monk” civ. But devs don’t seem to like that idea… I think it could have made it much easier to design poles with a monk bonus.

And you take away what makes lithuanians unique by doing so. And power creep the game

2 Likes

It would have made them far more redundant though.

Im not a fan of taking an unhistorical approach to civ design but honestly I rather have that over adding something that doesnt have a niche to fill in the game

1 Like

Yes, i knew you would say that, but i diseagree, still is a unique bonus for Lithuanians because it would be the only civ with attack bonus for the knight-line for each relic… It is like none civ could have a free tech bonus because magyars already have this mechanic for blacksmith attack tech…

When everyone has a bonus tied to relics it takes away from what makes you unique

Except there is a difference between those. Not every civ gets free tech bonuses. Only some. So if you said "some civs get relic bonuses " I could agree. But you said ALL.

Furthermore, it still power creep the game.

3 Likes

And btw why should poles get any buffs currently? They aren’t weak by any means…

5 Likes

Because their Imperial Age is weak.

1 Like

That doesn’t warrant cadtle age buffs though

3 Likes

I don’t think the Poles should get buffed in Castle Age in any way, I’d rather nerf them there.

I dont think its a good idea.

1 Like

It wouldn’t synergize well with the civ. As Poles you either want to go for a fast feudal rush (good tower rush potential in the civ) and take the game from there, or go for a drush into FC to get a castle up and get the obuch. Bonus damage on knights from relics just wouldn’t really fit well with the civ.

3 Likes

I meant to clarify that Poles are a monk civ because they have Jadwiga as a hero missionary, but the relic bonus doesn’t affect monks themselves.

What’s with those silly ideas and silly reasoning behind them?

No, absolutely not, it’ll make them way too OP. They get almost-trash cavaliers and an insane food economy, so imagine +4 on those cavaliers as well.

4 Likes