Live Gameplay Gamescom

Actual gameplay live Periscope from Cologne https://twitter.com/2n1f/status/899690893657206784

OH MY GODNESS!! LOOK AT THAT UI !

It
looks amazing!!!

Attack!

wondering if the troops are moving better and if the game is lag-free in multiplayer

btw are you allowed to post these pics?

More! https://www.pscp.tv/2n1f/1kvKpjdloaVJE?

omg this textures are so goooooooooooooood! <3

I got some good ones too, just waiting on whether we are allowed to share or not.

Great to see DE in action!

It was fantastic to watch and even be able to play. The game was locked except for one preloaded scenario where you simply had to send your troops to destroy the other’s wonders. It felt so much like the real Age of Empires, there were headsets provided so you could dive deep enough into the games visuals and audio to say: WOW! I’m really keen to try the beta.

BTW, there was no NDA to sign when I entered the event, the staff didn’t restrict taking photos or filming, the contrary, they themselves made interviews etc.

BTW, some won helmets, capes and other goodies like brand new Nvidia 10xx grahpic cards… Food was fine, beer was Kölsch (I won’t discuss how it tastes) and the location a great central location with awesome decorations.

When we left we were given T-Shirt and a bag. Inside the bag: A redeem code for AoeDE!!!

So, all in all, my inner fanboy and me we had a great evening, thanks a lot, Microsoft.

@sniem said:
BTW, there was no NDA to sign when I entered the event, the staff didn’t restrict taking photos or filming, the contrary, they themselves made interviews etc.

BTW, some won helmets, capes and other goodies like brand new Nvidia 10xx grahpic cards… Food was fine, beer was Kölsch (I won’t discuss how it tastes) and the location a great central location with awesome decorations.

When we left we were given T-Shirt and a bag. Inside the bag: A redeem code for AoeDE!!!

So, all in all, my inner fanboy and me we had a great evening, thanks a lot, Microsoft.

Yeah, I saw the whole stream, the guy who won the Nvidia graphic card was so surprised he barely could talk. The girl with the Helmet made me feel like there is someone wanting to conquer the world as my queen :blush: and scenography was awesome, whole AOE games into one place.

By the way, the bag with the redeem code was expected, for real I don’t think anyone going into Gamescon and leave without the game :lol:

Too bad I couldn’t afford money to travel to Cologne (I still at University here).

Thanks for clarifying there was no NDA. We volunteer mods are having fits with people in the beta coming over to general discussion and running their mouthes. We are trying to enforce the rules, and it’s nice to know when we can let something out of the bag.

Hi Andy, sure, difficult task :slight_smile:
I didn’t check which version of the AoE Store app was running.

Maybe it’s an earlier version of what is currently being beta tested or or will be tested beginning today. I simply don’t know.

I suppose the visitors of Gamescom will play with the same app from this event when the show opens.

UI was restricted to the gameplay and start/restart of the game. E.g. diplomacy button was there but didn’t open the Diplomacy UI.

You could open diplomacy @sniem

I had big daddy’s roaring around, as could set Yellow to neutral convert his two villagers stick em in a transport and build a TC, will post pics later :slight_smile:

Oh, really? Didn’t work on my machine, I tried all four buttons in upper right. Hopefully we’ll be testers ourselves and be able to play around more within some hours :wink:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
You could open diplomacy @sniem

I had big daddy’s roaring around, as could set Yellow to neutral convert his two villagers stick em in a transport and build a TC, will post pics later :slight_smile:

Ah the old use priests to get villagers when you are not supposed to have villagers ;p

Good to see some units not seen yet, chariot archers (and it conveniently died for us as well!) plus horse archers, new effects when siege hits water, tower. And blood lol