Lobby browser bugged

Lobby browser bugged, game lobbies that are old still show up in the lobby browser even after several hours. Another bug is lobbies have space but the lobby browser keeps saying it’s full. Even though aoe2.net and even refreshing the lobby browser still shows it’s not full.

4 Likes

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Current
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The data in the lobby browser is outdated. Rooms that looks not full are full, if you join a room and leave and refresh the lobby browser data, then it might still shows you as player in the room.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Just look at the lobby data. Voobly room info was much more accurate.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Info is real time available in the lobby browser, like we used to have at Voobly.

1 Like

Also, the whole idea that we need to click refresh and have the whole order of the rooms changed just so we can get accurate data is ridiculous.
Just make it automatically update on changes. lobbies from games 20 years ago had that feature.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: What is this ?
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The lobbies stay up even though they’ve been gone for a long time, causing the issue “Unable to join game. Server Error.” “Source : AdvertisementJoinError” “Error Code: 0x00000001”
This happens to me, and to everyone in the game. It is very confusing and makes finding lobby games very impractical, as it was already impractical before.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to multiplayer lobby browser and you will find that 50% of the lobbies are outdated but do not disappear.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Your lobby system is supposed to work normally, real lobbies shouldn’t be hindered by fake ones.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*This issue isn’t encountered during matches.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for reporting. I have this as well… like 50% of games I wanted to join yesterday had that issue, one lobby was in the browser now for over 3 days (a 4v4 FN game). Shouldn’t devs have a tool which checks the amount of games that are available in lobby browser and makes an alarm of any kind if old lobbies dont get removed?

I also made a bug report about outdated lobbies: Lobby browser data is out dated (the example wasnt that outdated as this thread, but it probably has the same root issue).

I feel the lobby in general is bad, so i also made a suggestion thread about how to improve to lobby and having no outdated data is also one of the suggestions: How to improve the lobby?

You might wanna look at those threads as well.

Plus the lobby is really slow. It takes several refreshes to switch from no games with parameters found to finding games at all.

Lobby is completely broken for 10 days.
Every days some more ghosts games. For example now I want to play Arena, 8 Arena Games, no one really exist.

1 Like

Hi guys, This is a known issue that is being investigated. It impacts all the DE titles which rely on the same multiplayer servers. The latest update on the investigation is from @mzcontent in this topic:

I felt the need to report it again because I don’t think this is a “minor” bug. As I said, lobby browsing was already unpleasant as it was, the refresh mechanism is slow and there are lobbies which don’t appear in the list because it’s limited to 100 lobbies. This new bug with outdated lobbies makes it really hard to get a game going.

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Lobby Browser Bugged - August 14, 2021