Localization iusses - Italian language (April 2023)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 81058 (but also present in previous versions)
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Some localization iusses regarding text and audio are present in some campaign scenarios of the Italian localized version of the game.

** Hautaville campaign - scenario 1 **
In the “Objective section” the text regarding the secondary objective about increasing stats of hero using them presents an overlap with other texts. Also the text formatting of the secondary object seems to be wrong (it uses the same font of the header). The header of secondary objectives is mispelled (it should be secondari and not secondar)

** Hautaville campaign - scenario 3 **
The timer that shows time remaining unitl the end of the effect of Bogomil spies is not translated in Italian.

** Alaric campaign - scenario 4
In all dialogue of this scenario the text doesn’t match the audio performed. All the texts are correct but the audio recordings refers to completely different events: eg. at the beginning of the game the explorer says the Rome is defended by 12 castles while the audio say something like “Half of the castles are destroyed”. In addition in one istance the audio perfomed is English and not in Italian. Here are listed all the wrong text-audio combinations:

When the game begins
Text-> Esploratore: I Romani hanno dodici castelli che proteggono la città interna. Per conquistare Roma, dobbiamo distruggerli tutti.
Audio-> Metà dei castelli romani sono stati distrutti, siamo a buon punto.
Error → Audio says that half of the castles are destroyed but the game is just started.

About 2 min after the start (when the game suggest to send soldier to allies in order to start the attack to the city)
Text-> Soldato visigoto: I nostri alleati sono pronti per assalire le mura romane. Attendono solamente un messaggio dai nostri esploratori.
Audio-> Prendete d’assalto le mura soldati, Alarico è qui !
Error → Audio is supposed to be performed when one of the allies is reached (probably Visigots) while the text suggest to send a unit to allies in order to begin the attack.

When Visigots are found by a player’s unit
Text-> Visigoti: Prendete d’assalto le mura soldati ! Alarico è qui!
Audio-> Che splendida giornata per un’incursione Alarico. Sono lieto che tu ti sia unito a noi.
Error → The text is shown when Visigot are reached by a player unit but the audio is probably supposed to be performed when Ataulf is reached.

When Ataulf is found by a player’s unit
Text-> Ataulfo: Che splendida giornata per un’incursione Alarico. Sono lieto che tu ti sia unito a noi.
Audio-> I Romani hanno dodici castelli che proteggono la città interna. Per conquistare Roma, dobbiamo distruggerli tutti.
Error → The audio says that Rome has 12 castles (the starting dialogue of the game)

When 6/12 castles are destroyed
Text-> Soldato visigoto: Metà dei castelli romani sono stati distrutti. Siamo a buon punto !
Audio-> Manca ancora un castello e la città sarà nostra.
Error → The audio says the player needs to destroy only one castle to win

When 7/12 castles are destroyed
Text-> Soldato visigoto: Come si è ridotta questa città che un tempo era così potente ?
Audio-> Roma è caduta, prendete tutto il bottino che riuscite fratelli !
Error → The audio plays the victory dialogue

When 11/12 castles are destroyed
Text-> Soldato visigoto: Manca ancora un castello e la città sarà nostra !
Audio-> Come si è ridotta questa città che un tempo era così potente ?
Error → The audio is about the decay of the city of Rome while the text says the just only one castle has to be destroyed in order to win.

When all castels are destroyed
Text-> Ataulfo: Roma è caduta, prendete tutto il bottino che riuscite fratelli !
Audio-> Audio is in English

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Just play the listed scenarios

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The objective dispay should shown:
Obiettivi secondari (as header)
Combatti con i tuoi eroi per migliorare la loro abilità in battaglia. (as text)

The timer should be translated. Here is suggested a traslation:
XX:YY minuti sino al termine dell’opera delle spie. (XX:YY minutes until the end ot the spies’ work)

** Alaric campiagn - scenario 4 **
All the audio has to be correctly linked to the corresponding text. The untranslated audio * I nostri alleati sono ###### per assalire le mura romane. Attendono solamente un messaggio dai nostri esploratori. * should be dubbed in Italian.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Screenshot (53)
(NOTE: Image is shown only for Hautevilles 1, since new users can not attach more the one media.)

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Not applicable

1 Like

• GAME BUILD #: 81058

Other untranslated sentences in the option menu, mostly regarding new mods integrated within the game.

• Idle Pointers and Small tree options are untranslated; also the corresponding expaination (that are shown in the bottom-right corner) are untranslated.
  • The options Toggle Idle Pointers in the hotkey menu (both gamplay and unit sections) are not translated

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open to the setting - option menu in the sections Partita (gameplay) and Tasti scelta rapida (hotkey)

All sentences are to be in Italian. Here are my suggestion for the translation

• Idle PointersIndicatore unità economiche inattive
  • Show idle indicator on top of villagersMostra un indicatore sopra le unità economiche inattive (NOTE: the suggested transaltion of villagers is unità economiche (economic units) instead of abitanti del villaggio since the idle pointer applies also to fishing ship)
    • Small trees* → Alberi piccoli
  • Replace tree sprites with smaller onesSostituisce i modelli degli alberi con altri di dimensioni più piccole
  • Toggle idle pointerSeleziona unità economica in attesa (NOTE: since the hotkey isn’t working it is not possible to check the exact behaviour, I translated the sentence as select idle economic units)

Not applicable

In El Cid campaign - level 4 one of the audio that the monk play awhen learning technolgies at the mosque is not dubbed in Italian. The relevant dialogue is:
Ho imparato il fervore, adesso insegnatemi le erbe medicinali

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the secondary objective about learning technologies at the mosque by converting it
  2. Wait until the monk learns fervor tech (it should be the second tech)

Audio of the dialogue should be dubbed in Italian

Not applicable

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux

There is a missing word in the sentence that describe the Turk team bonus in Italian translation. At the moment the text says: Creazione unità dotate di polvere da sparo: + 25% that means Creation of gunpower units: +25%; it is missing the reference to the fact that the bonus applies to speed of creation (Velocità di creazione) of these units.

1. Open the tech tree and select Turk as civilization

Here is suggested a translation:
Velocità di creazione di unità dotate di polvere da sparo: +25%

Not applicable.