Love the events

I usually come to the forum to report bugs but nothing to report today except my love for the monthly events. They really pick my interest every time. I particularly love the current one due to how funny and ludicrous it is. My favorite ones have always been the funny ones like the may-hem event. Keep it up!

9 Likes

im waiting for people to spam you saying the events r useless

1 Like

Events are useful for retaining people attention

Sorry

1 Like

Hardly affects me at all, people can say what they want, doesn’t change the fact that the events are amazing and fun to take part in in my eyes.

1 Like

The thing I enjoy most about the events is unlocking new visual mods which you can then customize to your liking, like the Priest mod. I’ve always hated the look of Western Monks in AoE2 so it’s a permanent upgrade for me, being able to replace them with Priests by just deleting the meso files from the mod.

Personally I don’t like the unrealistic mods like candy and flower arrows, but ones like the flowery grass and Spring berry bush mods are amazing because they’re just a straight upgrade to the games aesthetic, and no one else is forced to use them. I wouldn’t mind if the Spring Grass mod was part of the default game.

1 Like

I feel you! I completely agree, I love unlocking the mods and then being able to keep them forever. Personally I really love the unrealistic mods, they always make me smile or outright laugh :smiley: I loved the flower arrows and I love the current beachball treb projectile lol It’s just so much fun. But I love you can toggle these on and off whenever you want so when you get tired of them, you can just turn them off. Making the game this customizable is something that I really appreciate.

1 Like

I agree as well, these events can make the new players want to join to the community and they are all toggle
I would really like to make them more medieval focus but in general I think they are OK and also to mix all the AoE games franchise
The only thing that I can complaint about it is how to unlock them after the event passed. What if I missed them or I didn’t completed on time (just saying)