Low Framerate and input delay

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 5105673 (latest)
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: *Low Framerate and input delay after few minutes ingame

After the latest Hotfix I experienced a great decrease in performance. The game was running without any issues on my Laptop until the very last update and I can not fix the issue on my end. I followed nearly every step that I can make to increase the performance and it only got from unplayable to almost playable again. (followed most of the steps at: https://www.ghostarrow.com/age-of-empires-ii-definitive-edition-how-to-increase-performance-fps) This issue still occurs in any game, be it SP or MP 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4…
Since I can’t really make out what can be the problem, my guess would be that with the latest performance “fix” (you can look it up under the “Tracked Issues” page under “Fixed Issues”) somehow broke something else.
So again, I never had issues running DE on my system until that update. I’m posting here, since there was no other topic to this, but I heard from other players that they have the same or a similar issue.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Start any game (SP/MP) in any mode.
  2. Play until some minutes into the game.
  3. Frame drops and Input delay occur.

Edit: I guess it is related to this problem: Game capped to 60 frames per second, even outside menus

I have input delay as well, always in the (1)-(2) range. I tried every possibility I found in every forum, and despite having 140 stable fps and 40 ping still I am experiencing this. I think servers aren’t in their best shape lately