GAME INFORMATION

• Game: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
  • MODs/DLC: Enhanced Graphics Pack
  • Build: 101.101.40874.0 0
  • Platform: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 2004 build 20226.1000
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (3.2 GHz)
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 460 Graphics (driver version 20.9.2, released Sep 29 2020)

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

Essentially, the main menu doesn’t load properly.

When booting up the game, I hear and see the opening cinematic. On a mouse click, the game skips the cinematic and goes to the main menu. Again everything is fine, but 1 of 2 things happens:

1. The main menu starts fading in from black but this transition stops mid-way (so you see a dark, frozen main menu screen) . The mouse can move and occasionally I’ve been able to click any other buttons (campaigns, standard game, etc.);
  2. After select one of the buttons (Camping e.g.), Completely black screen with no ability to do anything (but can hear main menu music and see the mouse pointer).

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. Start the game
  2. That’s it. I haven’t done anything else

:arrow_forward: FIXES ATTEMPTED

I’ve tried these steps:

1. Uninstalled graphics drivers’.
  2. Performed a clean install of graphics drivers, with the most Updated one.
  3. Uninstalled and reinstalled many times the Game.
  4. Tried skipping the intro video by adding the SKIPINTRO launch option

Still with the issues.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

(no game files)

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

i had the same issue after freshly buying this game … i reverted to a nvidia driver that traces back to 27th May and it works now but i have diagonal screen tear across the monitor when i scroll in game so ye atleast something… so idk try older drivers one by one or just go month back till u find the driver that helps you… good luck

I got the same issue :frowning: please help

disabling the nvidia or amd card in device manager works … if you have integrated graphics ofcourse