Make age of empires competetive!

Although i only played RoN and AoE III and its expansion packs. I often watch different game reviews, gameplays on Youtube whenever i got bored. Starcraft is a different rts industry. This rts is largely futuristic, turn-based, fantsy game. Which is very boring and there is nothing to learn in these fantsy rts.

You donā€™t know much about RTS. Ron isnā€™t realistic , takecEmpire Earth 2 and compare with that. AoE franchise mostly isnā€™t accurate, Roman centurion an spearman, lol thatā€™s funny.

By the way an RTS canā€™t be Turn based you know that?
ā€œdetected for virusesā€ what kind argument is this?
Iā€™m sure you donā€™t play enough RTS.

1 Like

There is already a competitive AoE community on twitch streaming AoE tournaments so what makes you think AoE is not that type of game?

Uhm, no, even by the most basic definition, an RTS cannot be turn-based. Thatā€™s literally what the RT (Real-Time) part means. Real-time strategy - Wikipedia

1 Like

Lol, I think he either misspelled that or he was reffering to hybrids like Total War where you have the battles in real time and campaign map turn based.

1 Like

My spelling mistake.
Turn based ā‰  RTS.
There are some hybrid exceptions like Total War or Europa Universalis Rome.

I tried out Empire Total War some years ago it got complexed boring turn-based features plus the game got bugs during combat due to sheer volume of details of both graphics and mechanics. AoE III is a much smoother, elaborated, macro level franchise with a constructive gameplay. Although I had no idea about AoE 1 and 2. I can still tell AoE is the only rts out there which is windows friendly with lighter ,brighter and H.D. graphics.

Try Rome 1 and 2, if you donā€™t like the Grand campaign, try online battles, because they arenā€™t Turn based.
Not all AoE were HD, probably another terminology you just ignore.
AoE 1 was less feature and less realistic gameplay than AoE 2. AoE were less realistic in some aspects but in other was better.

ā€œage of empires 2 do not have even hotkeys.ā€

You didnā€™t play Age of Empires II thenā€¦

4 Likes

I cannot take that seriously. You would never beat a Master level Sc2 Player with a Zealot rush when you never played the game before. It is absolutely unthinkable. There is an explanation other than that the game is not ā€œbalancedā€ or it is just not true what you say.

Fact is, if he was not afk for 5 mins in the beginning or letting his little brother play, it is impossible!