Making #Players Max to 12 and adding additional player Colors

I want to put another idea forward to see what the community thinks about adding more player slots up to 12 and colors to choose (which would be needed). It would be similar to the AOM setup, but honestly, they could change the colors used compared to AOM as some of the Colors in that game are awful. Cheers.

7 Likes

Same problem as your 500 pop suggestion. Causes more lag. Not a good idea

5 Likes

More colours could be cool

7 Likes

As much as I would like to see the option for more players on the map I don’t think we will ever see it.
A huge amount of work and recoding of major parts of the game would be necessary.

What I am hoping for (but also don’t really see coming) is the option to join with more then 8 Players in a lobby. It is already possible to control one player colour in-game by two people. So, for example, if it’s an 8 player map and each of the player colours is controlled by 2 people, that would mean 16 people could actively play on the map. The only issue is the limited spots in the lobby :thinking:.

Of course this is nothing I propose for ranked, just something to have fun with your friends. For example If I host a LAN party with 9 or 10 participants…

It would also be cool if you could choose just to spectate or play as Gaya. I remember this being possible with some user patch way back then…

3 Likes

Could also use for spots for an additional AI in campaigns (they don’t all have to be full-fleshed factions but it would add more options while not making the game lag into next year lol)

1 Like

This would be an additional option, not a proposal for a ranked option. Leave the ranked as is but give us some more players and/or colors.

3 Likes

More colours would be great. I dont think more players would be a good idea it would be to laggy specially on high pop maps. I mean with this broken patch even 2v2 is lagging now but I digress

1 Like

If I can get 50 people in a room and make a system that can handle it then it is my god given right to play 1000x1000 Forrest nothing with 1,000 population

3 Likes

More colores would be awesome. Even implementing an in-game color picker.
About the 12 players, it’d be nice to have it as an option for those who want to use it. But I wonder if it’s possible in the first place.

3 Likes

At the time of forgotten, people didn’t have computer and internet of today and it handle with no issue 8 players with 1000 of pop.
I played a lot of game with 1000 as limit of pop and the only issue was when a player as a old computer like of 10y ago. Computer of 2003… we are in 2022
8 000 units on the field wasn’t issue.
They was only an exploit, the game run a little bit slower with 8000 units on the field. You didn’t see it but it change unit behavior. Unit who shoot use timer to know when they can shoot again despite the moving of unit who was set on the frame rate. It mean when the game was 5% slower (you can’t see it), distance unit was 5% more powerful.

1 Like