Mamelukes are the most expansive UU in the game and one of the worst

Supposing youbare right. Your oponent could be do the same, with less investment…

Or spam knights, that are superior to Castle Age’s Mangudai, or even generic CA mixed with knights, or castles…

I’m ok with waiting some balance patches. Is part of a development. Because AOE is still in development I think.
You have to thought why all UU have short TT if you compare with the generic similar in the first place. Obviusly is.for.compensate the lack of buildings to create them. Of course they have to be balanced. I’m not saying that. It is like math when you divide both terms by the same number in order to simplfy.
And for the Mayans case, don’t forget their half cost walls… which is a really good counter for Goths… while you are riding with plemud and eagles a civ without walls…

yeah but the point is that some of those unique units are stronger then generic options by a long shot. like the Mangudai. Rattan Archers laugh at normal archers. etc.

if knights are superior to castle age Mangudai, why do Mongols normally go mangudai instead of knights?
and if they are going cavalry archers, they are already investing more because they absolutely need to get thumb ring and mangudai don’t need that. not to mention generic cavalry archers fire much slower then mangudai, have less health, are slower, etc.
and you aren’t gonna have castles in early castle age without completely trashing your eco.

a game over 20 years old is still in development? you might be okay with waiting a year or more for balance to be restored, but a lot of us like that the game is actually very well balanced right now overall and wouldn’t want another year of upheaval and balance worse then it was pre de.

yeah obviously. still doesn’t change the fact that many unique units are stronger then the generic counterparts. especially among archer UU.

so you’re somehow going to full wall your base and leave nothing to defend at home and go try to raid the goth player with plumes and eagles? grats. he makes more huskarls and laughs at your army.
meanwhile you’ve invested all your stone into defending, which means you can’t expand your eco. the goth player is ahead.

2 Likes

Cumans mini boom into champs was op man, that’s why they removed supplies i killed several players with that, they were expecting kipchak or cavalry not rams/siegetower into a champ flood like goths.

Also archers move faster while patrolling, that is why since aok archers can escape from skirms obviously taking some loses, i was never talking to the base speed i just assumed everyone knew that.

I am not going to call you a noob, everyone ignores stuff and has limits to their understanding, tatoh can read the game using maths all the time and making estimations and predictions of their enemies while he is playing them he knows when you don’t have stone anymore after certain towers or enough farms to make certain units, clearly if we the average players compare with him then we are super noobs, the thing is accepting the point of knowledge and experience you have got and improve it, not claiming you know everything.

Increasing or adding frame delay is the killer of mangudai and mameluke in wololokingdoms and HD.

Current DE mangudai eats mamelukes(microing not Sp test or stuff like that), which is an atrocity, mameluke was designed to be the mangudai best counter since 1999, the frame delay on mameluke ruined the unit, there is no other explanation or need to change the nature of the unit.

Increasing frame delay also killed gbeto in DE just to add another unit ruined to the list.

It’s expensive, not expansive.

if knights are superior to castle age Mangudai, why do Mongols normally go mangudai instead of knights?

Actually Mangudai trades very well against knights in castle age. But even then, most pocket players need to go knights as mongols in early castle age, because mangudai is gonna be way too slow (needs a castle and take forever to build); and then transition to mangudai later.

1 Like

Well yeah but thats team games. Completely different meta

The Mameluke need buff for sure, and i suggest 1 of two ways:
First way is just reduce it’s gold cost from 85 to 75 or 70.
Second way, keep the cost but give the Mameluke +1/+1Pa and the elite Mameluke +1 range.

Ok now I’m interested by this strat. Did you try it after the nerf, and if so does it still work? I’m also quite interested about this patrol trick for archers.

Well that’s right but as long as mangudai are both faster and have more range that sounds difficult to accomplish.

1 Like

Hard disagree. Massed mamelukes shred paladins.

2 Likes