Mamelukes need a buff

The change on the gold is a tad much for me, maybe 75. We could do 70 if the food cost went up significantly.

Removing the archer class doesn’t change a lot, so I honestly don’t see why it’s even there. If your opponent is going mass skirm it just begs you to supplement with Hussar, which is the better play for the Saracen anyway. Honestly don’t see it having a lot of an effect. It’s not like Skirms are any good against Mamelukes even with the archer armor class because they die so quickly to Mamelukes. I guess in extreme masses the skirms become useful, but again, Hussar.

Reducing the training time is fine, but if the problem is the cost, it’s not necessary IMO.

I talked about death match just to make the 1v1 faster and not need to boom before getting to the lategame. I dont care about deathmatch either never play it.

Yeah 50g each totally makes them a trash unit. My point was that yeah mamelukes might ride camels but that doesn’t make them camels.

By that logic any horse unit needs to be buffed to light cavalry speed.

But getting to that point is part of how the game plays out. Tell me how often in 1v1 you actually see paladin? You don’t.

Dude your too strong man. I really appreciate your efforts to make people not think emotionally but logically.

Do you know that the normal Camel can kill Mameluke?! It is just silly how the camels have attack bonus vs Mamelukes which they are Camels!

It’s called balance. Mamelukes get a ranged advantage

Besides. I wouldn’t make camels against someone going mamelukes.

Yes tell me how often in 1 v 1 you see mamelukes its even worse. But take the case where you get to the lategame and can affford going mameloukes. Lategame can occur take the exemple in hidden cup 3 where there was a game that lasted long enough.

I’m not being rude. I’m not calling you a name or turning up my nose at you. I’m being stern about your discussion method. I’m not arguing with you on the merits of your point because you aren’t making a point, you’re making a comically exaggerated test to claim:

which is so utterly ridiculous that we need only watch the test to see all the things you’ve done wrong for the sake of making that jab. If you wanted to have a meaningful, productive discussion on the Mameluke, this is not how you should go about it.

Mamelukes are not only exceptional against Paladins, they are, without question, the best unit in the entire game for killing Paladins. To argue otherwise is nonsense. To act like your test isn’t giving an absurd advantage to the best paladins in the entire game in a way that could never practically occur in a real game is laughable. You know this and you did it anyway. I’m not being rude. I’ve been disappointed by your submission to the discussion.

At least Mameluks need those 3 points to become a decent unit:

1-Reduce gold cost from 85 to 70.
2-Remove archer class from the Mameluke or give it a +1Pa as a base armor.
3-Reduce it’s training time to 16s.

For this I have to say you are wrong. Heavy camels are very good against mamelukes. Imperial camels are a very strong counter. That’s from my experience. Thats why mameloukes doesnt need a speed buff. otherwise mameloukes could hit and run them.

Because most games don’t get to the unique init stags. You keep attributing an issue with game length and unique units in general to an issue that applies to mamelukes.

Ok you are right on this I really made an error on how I wanted to phrase it. It was in low numbers. I will change it.

Nah. Just rhe price and tt reduction is fine.

But I’d rather make archers which are solid against them and otger things as well.

The die to skirms and archers so easy, at least give them +1Pa

I honestly think the TT reduction is a bigger buff than removing the armor class. If you’ve got full mameluke and your opponent’s best option is going mass skirm you’ve probably already won.

Yes archers obliterates them.

It takes something like 4 elite skirms to take down 1 mameluke.

And they aren’t intended to fight archers. The massive anti cavalry damage should clue you into that

You are wrong, because even if their cost became 70 gold, it still very hard to mass and need more than 1 castle