Man I thought I'm get into the beta of AOE 2 DE

I got that email today, I thought I’m get into the AOE 2 beta. But when I read it clearly, that beta is about AOE 1 DE ?! about test the cross-network?!
Oh man… I have been playing it for a year.
From excited to disappointed…:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

5 Likes

I too own the game and want to buy steam version for backup+install option.

Edit: I too got the beta key today at about 8 hours ago.

Edit: Sorry not the key but, instructions to get the game from xbox insiders app.

Xbox insiders says I can try minecraft and wrecking zone technical test

Edit: I joined windows insiders and got another option.

Game: State of decay : year one

1 Like

I just got an invite for the AoE2 DE Beta and it’s like “Finally, I can join the Beta!”

BUT

It’s only telling me how to join in via the Windows Store … and I can’t figure out how to do it through Steam … and we were told that we would be able to Beta test on Steam if we wanted to, too. And on my friends list on Steam it has said before that one of them is “Playing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition” and they have Steam acheivements. So I know it’s possible to play the beta through Steam already … so why did I only get a notification about how to do it through the Microsoft Store?

2 Likes

yes same here :frowning:
Im happy to be an insider but man i want to try AOE 2 DE XD

Me too but dont have game on xbox insider hub

You are free to join this one too and doesn’t change anything on your chance to participate in the AOE II DE beta. It will become available here at 17:00 GMT or 19:00 CEST. So just a few more hours to wait.

1 Like

Naw your friend is playing the HD version. A beta wouldn’t offer achievements.

It’s the definitive edition that he’s unlocking the achievements on. I’m not stupid, I know the difference between the HD Edition and the Definitive Edition.

AOE2 DE is on Steam … it just says “coming soon.”

Have you not seen the list of AoE2 DE Achievements on Steam? It’s on there.

And he’s unlocking them.

He is part of the Forgotten Empires team, though, so maybe that explains it.

Same here … still no AoE2 DE Button despite the fact it’s now past 10.AM PT on the 7th of August.

1 Like

I’m in !!!:mueca::mueca::mueca::mueca::mueca::mueca:

Check now . Just released xbox insider !!.. not aoe2… :frowning:

Game: 17.75 GB :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed:

Still nothing showing up in xbox insider app for me…

Saaaaaaaaaaame :cry:

I’m with you man :cry:

Rebooted the PC and nothing…

did this really just happen omdz the hype is over quick

I even avoid subscribe to this DE II beta.

My last experirnce tell me this is going to be a mess.

At least be grateful you got to play the beta of AoE2DE, Steam or not, most of us have not received an invitation.

Great this is not AOE 2 DE this is old AOE DE 1 fail epic GG tanks for your time i downloading 17 GB and run zero players and old game not AOE II DE. and only Multiplayer not solo need to play Multiplayer

you need to read more careful next time and they need better announcements.

2 Likes

To be fair, them using AoE2 DE graphics in the banner didn’t help.

1 Like