Mangudai nerfing sucks

the balancer needs to read some of history. in the mongol army, 70 percent of mongolian are mangudai, they weared no amours to improve their move speed. this was the reason mongolian empire conquered asia and eastern europ.

i cant imagine balancer just cut mangudai’s move speed.
in real history, mangudai should be faster than euroupean paladins, please read more history, it is a histoy game, please make it more real. in other way, mangudai is the only way to deal with man at arm and knights, mangudai is also fking expensive. in the next patch, trust me. HRE French English Rus can just stand in mongol’s TC to kill villagers, it is hard to pass age 2 for a agressive civilization.
Please tell me, the biggest land ownner cant even pass age 2?
i mean, mangudai nerfing sucks. it even should be improve. if u really wanna balance mass mangudai at the team game. please add a debuff , such as : TC and tower can deal 50 percent damage to mangudai, that is good way to do, instead nerf the move speed and attack of mangudai . please stop improve english, english is strong enough.

Yeah, i am a mongol main player, i bought this game because mangudai, please rethink this nerf. mangudai is already sucks in 1v1 , mangudai need buff more instead nerf.

6 Likes

acording to mongol history :

How could a force of 100,000 mounted, lightly armored warriors armed with bow and arrows defeat nearly every other army that came against them? Most of the Mongol’s enemies outnumbered them by the hundreds or thousands. How then could the Mongol army continually win against such odds? A combination of training, tactics, discipline, intelligence and constantly adapting new tactics gave the Mongol army its savage edge against the slower, heavier armies of the times. The Mongols lost very few battles, and they usually returned to fight again another day, winning the second time around.

What European and Middle Eastern armies saw as weaknesses were actually strengths in the Mongol army: their much smaller horses were more agile than their heavy counterparts. The light compound bow used by the Mongols had great range and power, the arrows could penetrate plate armor at a close distance.

Mongol Army: Training

Mongols began riding at any early age, and hunting as soon as they could hold a bow. Both Mongol horses and people were tough, agile and sturdy with great endurance. The Mongol army continually trained the troops in rotations, formations and diversionary tactics. They trained for as many circumstances as they could think of so they could react fast and sure to any tactic of the enemy.

Archery

The Mongol army was primarily mounted archers using a compound bow made of horn, wood and sinew. The bows’ range was unmatched at the time for force and accuracy, and the archers could shoot in any direction, even behind. The archers made possible many of the Mongol’s battlefield tactics, riding to encircle the enemy then raining arrows among them, killing many men and horses from a distance.

Discipline

Every soldier received a share of whatever booty was taken. Mongol warriors fought under strict discipline, and every man was subject to it, from generals to the lowest soldier. The training regimen, discipline, leadership and superb intelligence made the Mongol army an unconquerable force.

Mongol Army: Breakup of Tribal Unity

Genghis wanted his army loyal to him, not to their tribal leaders. He broke up the tribes when he assigned men to various units in the army to ensure their basic loyalty was to their units and to Genghis. Genghis then organized his army by the decimal system in groups of 10, 100, 1000 and 10,000 with leaders at each level. Each unit could fight at the unit level or in combination with all of the other units, generally without constant supervision.

Mobility and Speed

The speed of the Mongol army wasn’t repeated again until the 20th century. Mongol warriors could ride 60 to 100 miles a day, an unheard of speed in those times. Each man had four or five horses that traveled with the army so he could switch to a fresh horse often. Mongol ponies were small but fast, and could live off even the sparsest grasses. Mongol horses had great endurance and could run for miles without tiring.
(cited form What Made the Mongol Army So Successful? - History )

2 Likes

imagen

imagen

DPS is the same, it’s just less effective on armored units now

The Mangudai is one of the strongest units in the game, it loses against archers on equal resources, but when the population limit is reached the equality of resources is no longer possible and the mangudai is the best.

3 Likes

that is why we talking about the Nerfing sucks, mangudai is the only way to deal with armored unions. this nerf makes mangudal to be like a groupsof mosquitoes for man at arms and knights

3 Likes

Mongols have always had a high winrater and with the wall nerf they will still be strong, don’t be fanatic about a unit

2 Likes

Not because of the Mangudai!
It is because of the Ovoo, infantry, and tower rush…

2 Likes

The unit is supposed to be annoyer to army, killer to vills. It is too easy to use, impossible to catch.
It deserved its nerf.

3 Likes

they need a discount at their price and their gold cost must removed because they are no good against armored units anymore they are now just an ordinary archer unit which shoots while moving

1 Like

It’s pointless to pick Mongols for Mangudai now, just go Abassid with Camel Archers so you don’t lose gold. You get everything that Mangudai offer with Camel Archers. All the nerfs and downsides for shooting while moving (slower in Season 4) are a joke. In S4 Mangudai will counter only spearmen while costing a ton of resources, why would people use them?

1 Like

In the late game (full tech) they will have a higher DPS even against armored units (16-armor)/0.88 vs (18-armor)/1.25. For an armor value of 8 we get 9.1 vs 8

2 Likes

I understand the reason for their nerfing, but I really don’t like to see a Mongol without mangudai.

I prefer to see a deeply modified to this civ, adding something like movable houses, to make Mongol no longer has strong TR, so that we can buff mangudai freely, and make Mongol become a true cavalry civ.

All right, I admit, I really don’t like TR.
But I do feel regret that Mongol is made like this, it’s just not like Mongol at all.

2 Likes

I agree. Even though the civ design is fun and all, I think honestly, the civ kinda needs a bit of a rework. For the most part, since game release and specially once tower rushing became a thing, mongols have been all massing infantry when they were known for their cavalry. On the latest few patches, cav have been used a bit more, but they still are mostly an infantry based civ right now.

1 Like

I have to agree that this civ was designed to be very interesting.
Unfortunately, this design isn’t Mongol at all.

So the best way is to make a bold adjustments to the current Mongol and give the original design to a new civ.
Or some kind of modification to the overall environment to change the performance of TR.

However, what I’m more worried about is that the Relic’s work efficiency does a bit low, I can’t expect them to make bold updates like the AOE 3’s team.
So I can only say that I am confused about this.

3 Likes

I agree. This has to be the most ridiculous nerf so far. As if Mongols haven’t received enough nerfs to date.

TRIPLE nerfs to a unit is beyond unreasonable.

Decimate Mangudai & continue to OVER-buff English. Great move, Devs. Really great.

And for those that want to bring in “win-rates” into the discussion, think of this. These drastic nerfs cause people to STOP playing the game. Look at “pick-rate” & you will see a difference that affects those statistics.

Regardless, this was a BAD nerf.

Yes, but this is the special unit of the Mongols, you can’t expect the English archers to be the same as the archers of other civilizations in imperial times, and you can’t expect the French knights to be the same as the knights of other peoples in imperial times, they’re just as good in the same number, so it’s normal.

As a Mongolian player, I can tell you responsibly that Mongolia does not have full tech in 1V1, because its economy bonus is quite different from other civilizations.