Map Generation Balance Issues

In the words of Malfurion: “Masterful”

Can a mod move this to Bug Reports actually? Feels like it would get more attention by the right people there.

@AndyPXIII hihi

so you just want to free win due to a random dice roll?

There is no free win in a dice roll, unless the oponent has a a low skill level and a low creativity.

I am more the type of players to dominate a game, when every thing is against him.

If the enemy got a bether location, you just go take a part of his location.

I love turning enemy base into a prison.

Maybe i play too much, my head is turning into a greedy personne, that love making his oponent suffer.

thanks for the blog post.

I played on this:

Maps should be asimetric, no unfair.

this keeps happening to me it’s super frustrating

Is this map unbalanced?Untitled 1

Danube Teamgame is a whole other level kek

God, it happened to me once that we were 3vs3 but one of my team was completely isolated from us and we didnt have any direct bridge to cross to help him. Needless to say that they all attacking him and we couldn’t help him, because having to use transport boats was really clunky and hard.

French Pass, I already hate that map. The two huge mountains take up so much of the map and the walk time for units around the mountain itself are awful.

mapgen nostone
This example is Asian Temperate Archipelago 6bfd9d10 with no stone on the entire map. For some extra frustration, blue’s berries can’t have a mill next to them because of the terrain generation. This is the third time I’ve played an Archipelago with very unbalanced or no stone, it seems pretty frequent.

If no stone Archipelago’s are intended, it seems rather unfair for Mongols. As well as cases where one player has stone and the other does not — not even on other islands.

Thanks @enept1679! I’ve logged this and we’re tracking it internally.

Appreciate the bug report!

That’s all. Playing on multiplayer maps there is a huge probability of not balanced relic distribution when you play 2vs2 or 3vs3. Don’t know if it’s happening with 1vs1. But is funny to explore map and discover 3-4 relics near rival TC and only 1-2 on your side.

Can confrim it also happens in 1v1s. Playing as a HRE only this causes a lot of frustration for me regurlarly, especially on maps which are easy to wall.

So me and a Friend had ben running a couple of tests throut some maps and we found this in the map Mongolian Heights and we noted a very big difference in map generation.

We generated 3 maps against the IA, and in all 3 maps the resources were way better on the player side, with more relics, gold, stone mines and even sheep (yes, we counted). The next 3 images were maps we generated one against the other. As you can see, the map is clearly unbalanced. On the first image, I am the host (red), but my friend got more resources. On the second one, I am still the host and got more, on the last, my friend is the host and he got more resources.

PRINT3
PRINT2
PRINT1

In a map like this, if the players go for a longterm streategy and close the maps, one will be always in the advantage. I also encourage the devs to take a look in other maps. A couple days ago we entered a 4v4 where all 2 sacred locations were way in the enemy side (and we lost by sacred victory), the map was Warring Islands.

Fix pls :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just came back to this thread to show this:

This is a quick match map, I am red.

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-09 at 16.14.21

I have ALL the sacred locations, BOTH big gold veins, both boars, the only advantage he has is the 3 relics, while I have 2…

1 Like

Hey @VitorBMachado!

If you can provide map seeds, it would be tremendously helpful.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, sorry for being late in the response. I do not have the map seeds, but I assure you this is a problem in the game, not only in a handful of maps. From the time I made this post until now I have seen an infinite number of unfair maps. As a matter of fact, almost all of them are unbalanced. You can go check it in like 2 mins

An example, seed: 5463a34c
Both with England, map size 2, lvl Hard
The red have a huge gold and food advantage…
seed-5463a34c