Match Making System (funny tho)

As I know many topics are already created for this issue, but we got no answers already from DEVS.
My last 17 attempts I matched with 1xxx elo guys in my team. The interesting thing I really played all of the games and I also lost all of them. Why did I do this because game forced me to play like this. Now I lost 200 elo points and dropped from 2300 to 2100. Now, I am thinking about retirement of this game because there is no sense for playing while the circumstances are like this.

Thanks DE, or whatever developers you killed this game from start and you are gonna lose veteran players like this.

SUGGESTION PART

1- Please change your match making algorithm and take some suggestion from @ZeroEmpires9507
2- Disable people to join match making ranked play directly. (First 15 games playing in looby games)
3- Force people to play scenario or looby games which do not give any reference like voobly etc.

These are my suggestions and thinking that I wanted to share,
I say bye bye to you until you change that part.

Best Regards.

Match making 1v1 is great. Issue is with team games.

What is the suggestion? I dont know based on this information.

I dont know why this will fix the issue. It will only discourage players from new players who played the game for years. It seems like this will kill ranked team games even more.

Too vague. I dont understand this point at

1 Like

Hi @WoodsierCorn696

1-What is the suggestion? I dont know based on this information.

2- I dont know why this will fix the issue. It will only discourage players from new players who played the game for years. It seems like this will kill ranked team games even more.

Ofcourse, this is like another solution if DEV wont adjust that MM system. (I do not say that is the only choice but if you look the other games like HoN, LOL etc they have a system which i am talking about. They do not let you play directly for ranked. Even if its also applied for DOTA2 if you do not complete 100 unranked games you can not play ranked.)

3-Too vague. I dont understand this point at.

Its really clear to understand. If player can not show any reference about his/her game level. #2 suggestion should be applied. (this is my opinion)

I dont think so, Capoch vs MBL is not balanced match up. 17xx vs 21xx

While this is true for Dota, the only difference between Dota’s ranked and unranked matchmaking queues is that one of them shows ranks and the other one doesn’t.

The unranked queues still maintain a hidden ELO value that it uses to match players with, and the formula for it is basically identical to that of ranked. This doesn’t exist in DE, maybe it should, but that’s not exactly the system you are describing, Dota does not force their players to play lobby games before joining matchmaking.

It’s been shown that players tend to rage less (and blame matchmaking less) when they can’t see their own rate or their opponents, I’ve found this to be true in my own experience.

There are very few players that can compete at the top level, their matches are going to be far more unbalanced than yours (and their queues will take longer). Matchmaking systems only work when there are many players near your own rating, this is great for those in the middle of the bell curve, not so great for those on the top (or low) end.

2 Likes

I can accept that for 1v1 but in team games there are so much examples its not like you have written.

look at that randmo match, at least algorithm can match people with average rating of teams are equal each other.

Yeah, I was mostly speaking about 1v1, I agree that team matchmaking is not ideal and something wacky is happening for it to be generating the matches that it does. Not to mention the issues with the math calculations that are causing the average team game ELO to rise consistently (I believe it is now around 1400?)

server connetion error 10 games in a row ty