Materials and Textring Lead for AOE 4 Bartek Nowakowski Left Relic after 13 years of working with studio

Well, it’s really bad news that one of the project leadership left project near before completion, I hope this is not signal of future disaster. He is now concentrate only on mobile games. Good luck him. I don’t know how now they will be improve textures and materials in game since relic lost project leadership employee. Maybe he could not stand massive hate and complains about poor graphics and decided left studio. Previously he was art supervisor for coh series.
Proofs:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/bartekn/

1 Like

I assume the Materials and Textures for AoE4 are already completely done.
The game is now in the balancing and bug fixing phase of development.

He either had the choice to work on the next Relic project or leave the studio.

I don’t think a single person leaving is a bad sign. Of course if more developers start leaving that’s a different thing.

15 Likes

Hope the game will success :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Yes, this is a “big loss”, and we will not consider that a person could be incompetent, or not qualified enough, or even went to the mobile industry for easy things. In any case, the developers are not leaving mobile games well.

2 Likes

Why do you think making mobile games is easier?
Working with limited resources is harder.
But Mobile phones have so much more performance nowadays that that’s not really an issue anymore.
For a lot of people their phone is the most powerful device they own, even if they have a computer at home.

1 Like

I think that mobile games exist only for the developer’s profit over people, each mobile game is an implementation of various donation mechanics and player manipulations. This is a trash market.

4 Likes

Yeah
and it wasn’t like his pay check would decrease if the game bombed haha

2 Likes

dont worry valeran, as skadidesu already stated, the work of this perosn is basically done. They probably didnt have much more to do in the project. OR they DID actually fail in one part- but then this part will be fixed.

So dont worry if just a dev leaves when the game nears the release. Be worried if MANY do. Or if its half a year or more before release.

2 Likes

I feel a strong urge to comment something on this topic that is about the Material and Texturing Lead of aoe4 who has now devoted himself to mobile games. :slight_smile: :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Wololo wololo you do mobile games now

1 Like

so basically AOE 4 was a project for his portfolio and Resume, no wonder the game looks like mobile game.

3 Likes

You know that people change job usually because they get a better offer? (more money in their contract)

A more logical thought so would be that another company saw the good job he made with AOE4 and they asked him paying a lot. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Some people complained that AoE4 looked like a mobile game and now the Materials and Textring Lead leave to work on mobile games…? The joke came ready on a silver plate.

3 Likes