May PUP Notes: KotM Info

That’s why I’m confused.
I’m not talking about giving the whole federal state mechanics to European civs. That’s when you really affect the gameplay.
If they add a new mercenary card to, say, British. Does it affect the classic manor boom? Does it change the timing and unit composition? I don’t think so. If one wants to go for the classic playstyle just do not include the new cards.
Another example would be the battleship card I mentioned. I do not think simply giving it to all civs would cause more balancing problems than the current state where only 4 civs have it.
That’s actually a huge advantage over other AOE games or even other RTS, that you can easily add contents to a civ without changing it’s well established playstyle at all. But its potential has been so constrained.

4 Likes

That’s really how it is, whenever we suggest new options for civs that only have one or two game options, people appear who say: “no civ x is fine, it’s always been like this, it shouldn’t change, they shouldn’t have more options”

4 Likes

Maybe certain combinations of cards for certain civs can be stacked to get very OP results? (I’m not an expert… so what I’m saying may not be correct)

For example, what if you added Askaris to British?
They would be really OP with all the British musketeer cards. And meta would change?

But for sure they can add other things tho that won’t change the gameplay much.

Well there are civs that can buff mercs universally along with regular unit types so…
BTW only the British team card affects musket units in general. The rest only affect THE musketeer unit.

And if it opens up new build orders, that’s great. The classic build order is not altered at all.
They added GMT to British to open up a potential TP FF build order. Seems not more effective than classic manor boom. But it’s fun that is all. I also wouldn’t mind if it is really more effective.

By that logic I’d say all civs are okay without 70% of their cards…

2 Likes

Well yeah, you can still do perfectly well without most of the cards.
I miss earning my cards but I understand why it was changed in DE.

Yeah… i always like new strategies. But at the end of the day, while they were adding cards to Britain and Spain, they were also making Italy and Malta, the new game mode etc etc… there’s only so much they can do, right?

I’m just happy we’re getting a cool DLC.

I’ll give you an example: if I suggest giving a musketeer to the Germans through a card in the age of the fortresses, where both the doppel and the musketeer will be properly fought by skirms will come with this: “that the civ never had muskets and it is not now that it could have” even if it is something situational and provided by a new letter.
Now if you don’t want to change your way of playing, just don’t use the extra option.

Maps are not removed from the game, they just make adjustments to sets, it’s normal.

1 Like

Of course I can understand they cannot work on all of those things at the same time. I’m grateful that they did an amazing job on what has been done.

My only worry is not when they will add new stuff, but if they have the plan at all (here I’m just talking about new mercs and native allies. I know some new gimmicky cards will come).

1 Like

Inca FF is dead now that they need to wait 3 seconds to garrison like the malta commandery. It seems way longer than 3 seconds in game.

Not surprised, it was warranted but they should have buffed something else so other strategies are viable. The multiplier vs heavy inf for bowmen you should get with curare for example rather than it being with a card costing 500 coin or just give it with the vet tech.

3 Likes

I mean why do they have to remove the old maps to fit the new ones? I’m curious if there’s a cap on the number of map available for a given patch or update.

They always change the maps in the ranked map pool, otherwise it’s boring. They are still available to choose in lobby.

2 Likes

I like that this patch tries to improve co-op a bit, it’s a pre-patch focused on team cards, probably in preparation for the new maps and for the new civilizations. :smile:

Could someone clarify for me if those who pre-purchased Italy and Malta have access to civilizations?

Nope. I preordered but I don’t have access to any European maps or the new civs.

2 Likes

It is possible to test the new natives/outlaws/mercs on the map unknown but of course being random is hard for testing

1 Like

I tested the native treaties card with all of the natives and this is what I got.

House of Bourbon · 4 royal musketeers 300f 160c

House of Habsburg · 4 line infantry 240f 220c

House of Hanover · 3 Totenkopf Hussar 210f 270c

House of Jagiellon · 2 lipka tartars 140f 120w, 1 shock rider 110f 90w (250f 210w total)

House of Oldenburg · 2 royal hunter (cannot hunt and does not research the royal hunter tech but does have the improved combat stats), 280f 2 northern musketeer 220f (500f total)

House of Phanar · 2 evzones 220f 60w, 1 boyar 130f 90c (350f 60w 90c total)

House of Wettin · 4 Trabants 200f 280c

House of Wittelsbach · 4 mountain troopers 200f 260w

House of Vasa · 4 royal aqubuseirs 280f 120w

4 Likes

The card that makes native techs cost no coin I think will be very good with some of these new natives.

3 Likes

Same, especially with the house of Habsburg. Free merc shipment tech + free xp tech + 33% cheaper 1 shipment tech will be very great for fortress play.

1 Like

F in the chat for Spanish haciendas…