Megarandom spawned uneven stone amounts

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 47820.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I played Megarandom and it generated a map, where there were 2 big islands, 1 player on each island, and the islands were connected in the middle through a short shallows passage. The amounts of stone generated on each island were uneven - one island had 5 stone mines, the other island had 14 stone mines. all other resources were even between the islands.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

happened once in the ~5 megarandom games i played.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. play a 1v1 megarandom.
  2. you might get a map with uneven resources.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Every player should get an equal amount of resources available to him. they dont have to be identically safe or close, but if every player spawns in his own island, they all should have the same amount of res on their island.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

megarandom_stone

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

megarandom_uneven_stone.aoe2record (2.6 MB)

While I am personally against what most people call “fair map generation” because it kills the fun, 6 to 14 mines is a big difference. I guess a review of the map generation is in order.

1 Like

Well, if I’m not aware of the map wrongly, Mega Random allows you ANYTHING that can be fair or unfair. So, if my understanding of the concept of the map is correct, what you experienced is just a normal phenomenon.

1 Like

you are aware of the map wrongly im afraid. the point of the map is that you dont know what resources (or starting conditions) it generates, but the resources should always be equal to each player, just like every other map does it. In every other MegaRandom map i saw, resources where the same for both players. its just like how in arabia every player has 15 gold tiles and 9 stone mines, just replace those number with something else.

In this case the map either considered those extra stone mines as neutral, but gave them all to blue’s island, or it generated red’s stone in blue’s island.

Gee, I don’t know about EQUAL. That kind of fairness thought can lead to boredom. Maybe close within a margin? I mean, we would have never seen DauT embark almost 30 siege onagers to the enemy island in an Islands game if the enemy didn’t have so much more wood in his island, right? That was FUN! If you equalize things, maybe is good for a tournament, but generally speaking not good for fun.

Sure, a big difference might not be desired, but is exact equality also desired? Personally I don’t desire exact equality.

1 Like

wood is a special resource and is handled differently, but for every map, every other resource is equally distributed.

Every map has some player related resources and non player related resources.

Player related resources always spawn next to the player, but the non player related resources are spawn anywhere. This will happen in all maps. Not sure if there is an easy fix for this. So this isnt really related to megarandom, but maps in general.

1 Like

we can compare this to islands, where the resources on each island are equal (except for wood), so its bot that special of a case.

1 Like

Exactly as @WoodsierCorn696 said, it is not for specific map, I once played island map and one of the islands had 3 relics and the other island had 2 relics, and it can ez happen to other resources.

1 Like

in a typical islands map every island should have 2 relics and 1 relic on a neutral island? or is it always 2 and 3?

Well I am not a familiar with water maps 11, and when I saw it I thought it is normal, I don’t know if this shouldn’t be happened, but there was an island had 3 relics and the other one had 2.