[MERGED] Game Graphics Feedback

AoE games aren’t AAA games?

Oh… the lenghts the fb goes to defend his denial.

Oh boy, actually they are doing the same, relic used “readability” as excuse back then im dow lll

I really love how people take the best screenshot from other games that they can find and compare them to the worst that the AoE4 trailer has to offer… Like what do you even get with such a skewed comparison?

1 Like

I love how people see that games 15, 20 years old have better graphics and animations than age iv and they still deny it.

3 Likes

Maybe not better graphics, but Aoe2/Aoe3 DE looks better in total.
Only if they fix animations, details, proportions etc., Aoe4 looks the best / authentic.

DOW3 was good but incomplete it is especially the gameplay lack of race and also not enough building as in the 1st Dow.

What? I’m not the one who designed the Official released trailer to create impressionable views, and if you didn’t want people to make a direct comparison with other games then maybe you should’ve chosen to play at the best possible graphical settings before releasing those footages.

Maybe take a look how Cossacks 3 where each player can control up to 8,000 units, making it possible to have 64,000 units on the screen at once. It’s also a colourful game and cartoony, but still looks better than AoE4. here Some youtube videos

And I think its mainly because they do animate better. They don’t exaggerate colors and have as contrast very cool smoke if buildings are damaged, it looks altogether very smooth and organic.

2 Likes

Thank you @jimmy19846071 for patiently explaining the facts. I admire your persistence. Even if some of them just plainly troll or make noise to create false impressions that people are happy with the visuals. They are not. At best they feel ‘okay’ with them or put them in the back seat while waiting for gameplay.
Nobody feels great with what was presented which should make the devs at least worry.

yeah you wished those were not the best possible :smiley: It doesn’t get better than that. These footages were like a world premier, they’re all over the net now. They’re on steam, they’re on windows store, they’re everywhere. They obviously picked the best setting to present the game.
The very fact that people are questioning whether they showed the game on low or high settings (and I’ve seen that from others as well) is just another proof of how bad they failed to meet many people’s expectations on graphics (or how bad they marketed their own game with unflattering or even old footage).

2 Likes

I’m not triying to convince anyone here and everyone Will see the things in different ways.

I’m big fan of AOE and due my passion for this incredibile franchise i would love to see the best game in terms of gameplay and graphic.

From what we seen on recent gameplay trailer only gameplay feels the same.
Should we accept everything because it’s AGE? Would you buy a car without weels?

One question, are you gonna play it even if the graphics don’t get better

Wait for new gameplay and beta to give you an opinion. They replied that it was still being improved for the graphics. I trust them

If it’s not ultra graphics selfish people are still gonna complain

1 Like

I doubt i’ll play It if the Graphic Will be the same that i’ve seen into AOE fan preview. For me, and this Is my opinion (but i suppose there are many players as me) the immersion Is the First thing. Gameplay Is very important but without immersion (and only graphic gives me immersion) i can’t feel the same emotions.

I don’t ask for a ultra realistic graphic but really improved textures, Better animations and different Building sizes.

4 Likes

Looking forward to listening to the in-game music too. :slight_smile:

devs said that you can change the saturation if you want, but yea

I don’t think a less saturation will help so much because textures are how we’ve seen them. They should improve or change them.

I Hope Relic already done something for upcoming beta. We’ll see.

I know you don’t you’re the only reasonable person complaining about the graphics. You want it to succeed without raising the bar too high. Others want it to be available only to the 30% beefy PC players, ultimately ruining the game due to not enough sales

3 Likes

i agree with this, i’m already fine with textures but improving it wouldn’t hurt as long as it will let people with potato pc be capable of playing the game, and if people want better and better textures and graphics for their high end pcs they could make enhanced graphics pack for people who want to enjoy the game with higher texture and graphics for their high end pc.

and i completely agree with the animations but they still have time to improve it so i don’t mind it that much.

and as for the building sizes, adam said in one of the interview they changed the scale of building or units (i don’t remember honestly), but units would still be bit bigger then building, and he said something about modders being capable of modding the scale of buildings which solve the problem of people who wants bigger building.