[MERGED] Game Graphics Feedback

There Will be a dedicated section only for beta testers.

1 Like

I just know we weren’t allowed to share gameplay/details during the closed Aoe2 DE Beta.
But Aoe4 is a bit different, maybe a few selected youtubers can show gameplay from the Aoe4 Beta.

1 Like

Yea lets hope that will be the case. I think it would be beneficial to the game as well. Whats the point of keeping it a secret. So much is already revealed. More feedback would come in that way as well. Lets hope for that. I dont have time to do beta testing but i would love to watch some youtube vid while eating.

1 Like

You all clearly never played AoE online or you would know what cartoony graphics really look like

3 Likes

@Ramster354 Valid point my man, overall i really like how everything looks just certain things could look sharper like units an buildings, with more textures. Landscapes are very nice already.
We dont get new Age games very often so every1 wants this to be as good as possible

Well would you look at that. The result speaks for itself.

Aoe4 basically looks like AOE Online: Definitive Edition
He is not wrong about comparing them

2 Likes

AOE 4 is a game for teenagers, not middle-aged people. I don’t think the unit model and color need to be changed now. It’s very good. Teenagers will like it and it’s conducive to the promotion of the game. Don’t modify, I just want to play this game as soon as possible!

I wish they would return to 2D. Or do something like a 2.5D game, kinda like how Pillars of Eternity did their graphics. Imo, not doing a fixed isometric camera with Pre-rendered graphics for a AAA RTS game is a huge missed opportunity. Just look at what they were able to achieve with AOE2, imagine if they built a game from the ground up with that in mind.

I mean, both Tyranny and POE were created on the Unity Engine. Imagine what someone under Microsoft could do if they built their own Pre-rendering 2.5D engine.

You could have an “infinite zoom” feature and create missions where you’re controlling a handful of historic units all zoomed in while fighting inside of a building, then when you fight your way out of the building, the camera seamlessly zooms out and then you’re controlling a huge battle with lots of units.

2 Likes

I wouldnt agree that at least for now most players will be teenagers. Maybe im wrong but i think most people are in their mid 20’s or 30’s who played or still plays AOE2 mostly and AOE3 when they were kids or teenagers. I’ll soon be 32 for example.

29 :slight_smile: And I can’t wait to play it.Launch the beta version.

1 Like

1.5.2021 Beta test start.

1 Like

If you want gritty realism, quit whining and play Total War. This is a game where arrows take down a battering ram. Get over it. I’m just happy we’re getting an update and each civ is going to play differently unlike aoe 2 where it’s all the same except tech availability. Might be able to see more civ personality like in aoe 3 without the goofiness of the card system

1 Like

Jimmy ma men, sorry for reply to This post but i want to show This to you

It looks really great! Maybe smaller units and its like X019! We will see in the beta :smiley:

7 Likes

It makes you want to play it :slight_smile: . The effects on the sea with the waves.

2 Likes

That hill where castle is on makes me wonder. Is that a natural hill or it can be created in game. Or was created only for this scenario to look cool. But I have to agree this screenshot looks very good. If most of the game feels like this it will be very good

It looks good because it is at a gameplay view, not zoomed up, close and personal for the cinematic fan preview. All the gameplay views I’ve seen look pretty good. Like @marcoracosta205, with smaller units, it will look just fine. The people whining about it are people who zoom in to see the battle(very small minority) the people who complained about the fan preview probably haven’t seen many gameplay view screenshots or videos and hence think the game looks like that not zoomed in.

1 Like

Looking at that screenshot even feels like unit size is already good to be honest :smiley: Yes maybe looking at building / unit proportions something is off but when u dont try to overanalyze it feels good for my taste. Maybe some building / unit proportions could be adjusted like some baracks size we saw previously on other posts but overall its nice

I think they could be tweaked a little. If you notice the cavalry in the top part at the fork in the road below the castle, it looks like the horse is almost as big as the house. Other than that it looks good, his weapon isn’t noticeable and the spearmen look pretty accurate compared to their spear (or pike, I dunno as we don’t know what the units are yet)

yea true if u really look into things some things are way off like horse / house proportions but probably actually in a game when u focus on gameplay everything probably feels nice. But yea some adjustments wouldnt be bad