[Merged] Overlay Freezes

can u check if server was Brazil ?
https://aoe2.net/#aoe2de-matches-my-recent-matches

Just had this exact issue happen in a game for the second time and the server was Brazil both times, they were also 3 v 3 games.

Game runs perfectly with no lag and then about 25 minutes in this happens.

2 Likes

How can you check server on the Microsoft Store version? I donā€™t have Steam account.

These are both 1v1 and 2v2 games btw. I havenā€™t played MP 3v3+ yet. Iā€™m based in PH but have to use a VPN for other issues. VPN is in Hong Kong. Itā€™s happening in more than half of my online games. Just happened again :frowning:

here it happens for HOANG, 1v1 , just right now
7:56:20

Yeah, thatā€™s it at 7:56:20. The weird bit beforehand where some vills kept working and moving didnā€™t happen for me. Just the frozen bit. Repeatedly in games.

Cheers.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: ######
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Gideon_ steam / EarthtoKibbles xbox.

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

Multiplayer ranked game starts and is ok for a few seconds. About 60 seconds in my game freezes. No response but can navigate the game.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. Join Ranked Queue,
  2. Get game see team
  3. pick civilisation, wait for game to begin,
  4. see loading screen and civilisations of the enemy teams,
  5. game starts.
  6. Queue vills, make houses, gather sheep to tc set scout to scout base by gather points (sometimes I press autoscout). Lots of expected dark age actions for a tanked game.
  7. Game freezes during production of 7th villager from tc.

Civs picked were incas and indians, colour choice is blue. 4v4 ranked game.

Not sure how to attach files as file extensions are not authorized. The replays show the game ending at the point my game freezes. I have played in non-ranked multiplayer and I have not encountered this issue. No issues arise in single player games.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **Build:Version: 101.101.37650.0 5061880
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

Game always freezes in multiplayer. Game time is random. Buildings, farmers and everything can continue to be served. But it doesnā€™t go on. Even 5-20 minutes later it is unchanged, it remains so frozen.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Simply start a ranked list game. After a certain time everything gets stuck.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cArTePew1H8VULcCqvdZVvHyTg5VLRlO/view?usp=sharing

Iā€™m getting these freezes as well, you can still scroll around and even when you resign it doesnā€™t show the whole map. Itā€™s happened in a ranked game and two unranked games so far. Quite annoying, this is from the recent patch.

1 Like

Third try today ā€¦ three times the same bug :pensive:

hello my game keeps freezing whenever i try searching for a multiplayer game being doing it for 2 days now iv uninstalled as well and reset my internet.

same bug, after 5 minutes in the game everything stopped

I have indeed the exact same problem, hopefully they will solve this bug in the next patch

Thought I was the only one, hope they fix this soon

I have lost 6/6 last games due to the game freezing, this has become a big disaster

Thank you all for taking the time to post about this issue. I can confirm that the team is aware of the problem and investigating the cause.

I have a few questions that might help to narrow down the issue:

• Are you using any mods? If so, does disabling them change your experience with the lockup?

• Are you able to open the Task Manager? Is the program still responding?

• Has everyone ensured their computer clock is properly synced? As @ELGGian7 mentioned above, an out-of-sync clock can cause connection problems in the game.

• On what multiplayer server are you normally playing? Some have noted the Brazilian server as a common factor, so Iā€™d like to know whether others are connecting to the same location.

• Do you only see this issue in multiplayer matches, or in single player missions, as well?

Thank you all for weighing in! Keep the information coming and I will ensure itā€™s passed along to the team!

1 Like

Hi,

I am using mods - small trees and improved grids
I can open the task manager. I can click on villagers, move around the map with the camera. It has basically paused and no command can be executed
There is no connection problem, clock is properly synched
Brazil server, I avoid, even on other servers it is present
No issue in single player missions. It is the worst in Team Games, even on unranked games I am getting stuck randomly. Sometimes within few seconds, otherwise after 11-15 mins

I lost last 10 games since either I froze/pause or my team mate got disconnected

1 Like

it is only in multiplayer mode. But what has actually struck me is the problem since I had problems with my BIOS. After replacing the BIOS battery and setting the configuration and actually the time of my system. I havenā€™t had the problem since then.

1 Like

Hi,

I am using mods, small trees, grids, and no snow, maybe 1 or 2 more.
I can open the task manager meanwhile, move around the map etc. It just freezes randomly.
No connection problem, I checked to do every other task that requires internet.
EUWest server.
Havenā€™t tried single player missions, just ranked multiplayer.
Several games lost, several games won when happens to enemy team players too, this bug has been for some timeā€¦

2 Likes

my friends have bad laptops and have the same issue.

we are playing at 222ms, so it could be the brazilian server.