[MERGED] Ranked Multiplayer not working after May 27th patch

Same issue here… Since the patch it is absolutely unplayable for me and Maybe 1 out of 20 ranked matches is actually launching. Either it stops already in the Lobby (also in parts with unable Chat/not all Player names showing up…) it is freezing and crashing the game there or Right after when the Countdown went down on the loading screen… Absolutely ridiculous and I have no idea what to do. I re-installed the game several times, tried to run as admin and so on… Hope we don`t need to wait a month for a fix?!
Before I just had DC from time to time and sometimes games not being launched, although I think this was if one Player left the Lobby. Nevertheless, 90% of the games were without Problems… Now Maybe 5%… Anybody has any thoughts what Players might can do?

1 Like

Yea, it is totally bugged (…again!)

1 Like

It is no one’s job in here to call out who gets fired and who doesn’t.
In fact, AoE2 couldn’t be at better hands atm.

If you experience issues, you can politely share them to the relevant topics or submit a bug report to raise the devs’ awareness.

If those issues are really prevalent among the community, then it is fair to assume that the devs are probably already working on a hotfix as they usually do.

1 Like

Yup and when I do finally find a game I get some malecowshit (censorship is retarded) matchmaking with 700 rating difference between the teams (mind you I was already on a losing streak). We get stomped ultra hard and only lose -2 rating for the effort. I’ll probably fight the strongest players in the universe next match after waiting 5 hours for a game.

3 Likes

Honestly, the game was working fine before this last patch. Now my game is lagging, freezing, and dropping like crazy from multiplayer. To me, this should show people its better not to mess with the game and make all these changes every single month. It invites bugs into the program, and now it doesn’t work properly.

2 Likes

I tried to play 7 games today, it wasn’t so long session. In each game someone disconnected I wonder if all players have unstable internet. :kissing: So we went rehost and it happened again, over and over always with someone else. This is not playable multiplayer.

7 Likes

welcome to the club pal

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same problem, cannot access multiplayer services at all after this last update. Any ideas?

3 Likes

Since the new patch coming why not working any team game in ranked???

1 Like

Can we at least get some responce from devs?

2 Likes

having the same issue…since the patch, games keeps crashing in the loading screen of team games…tried re-installing, closing applications etc…nothing works…my cpu goes on a spike of 99% and the game crashes when a match is found and loads…this is totally frustrating. The fact that it is a common issue doesn’t make things better, we need a fix…

3 Likes

Happened to me too many times after that update.

They have commented on this issue here and on other forums. It is however unclear when we can expect a patch.

I have a stable coneccion of 30mbps and I did just that. However the same problem and error message appears.

Most people in the community would not mind to chip in for monthly server costs if it ensures a great online multiplayer experience.

2 Likes

Exactly we need at least 2 months to enjoy the content fully. Imagine that after the pandemic most of us will not be able to play so often, thus it makes no sense to update the game every month. You guys should have a goal of 4 updates per year and beta test the updates before rolling them out. This is basic project management.

4v4, failed join match
in a party with 2 friends, but they dont appear on screen anymore, chat is also gone

I had freezes during loading screen in ranked 3v3/4v4 and freezes after 2 minutes of play. I noticed that all of these games were on Brazil servers, and in some of these matches opponents disconnected as well.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the report! A reminder that the team is working on a solution now, and that they will require a game build before any fixes are deployed. Stay tuned; we’ll let you know when we have more information to share.

5 Likes

i’ve got a problem with AOF II definitive edition. Some days ago it was updated on the Microsoft Store. Since this update, as soon as i run the game, “Microsoft Store Package Dependency Installer” appears, asking me to allow or deny (in both cases the game run and the results is the same).
Then, when i’m ready to play a ranked match (the screen before the game starts) crash, the game doesn’t run anymore.
Can someone help me solve the problem?
I say that the game has been installed since January and never created any problems.

3 Likes