[MERGED] Ranked Multiplayer not working after May 27th patch

This thread has 1.6k views. There are more people than that who are having crashes when trying to join multiplayer, and there are also many people who do not frequent these forums. Updates from Microsoft’s Community Manager should be communicated to as many people as possible, especially when they are pretty rare for what you’d expect of a community manager.

1 Like

Thank you for replying to this thread. Any communication is assuring, that you are working on these issues.

1 Like

This is topic about issue that is being fixed, so telling it is fixed and when it is coming essetial for high priority issue. Different thing is if they should also tell about upcoming update elsewhere

Thank you for your hard work! No crashes since the hotfix.

I think most of the crashes are fixed with the hotfix.

Still crashing TGs, 2 games played in a row, 2 drops. I don’t think the patch fixed it at all.

2 Likes

Yeah, seems like less crashes, but still a substantial amount in 3v3s and 4v4s

Having the exact same problem since the last update. Signing into XBOX live profile does not help other. Have not been able to join multiplayer services at all. Reinstalling game did not help. Other steam games work fine, including Age of Empires 2013.

Installing today’s hotfix did not help my issue. I get the “Failed to join multiplayer services” error since the May 27th update. Other steam games, including age of empires 2013 work just fine, but not DE.

1 Like

HD is at end of support though. I mean, it can’t be changed in any way.

Didn’t have any crashes in the lobby or loading yet. But I just had two games where the ingame time stopped after 1-3 minutes. Game was still up and accepting commands, yet no in game time passed (vills and scout just stood, chat didn’t seem to work properly)

Just tried to play two more rounds. Same result both times - at least somebody drops in the first 3-5minutes.

2 Likes

People seem to crash a lot still in multiplayer games. Some games bug before launch. Overall a big improvement but not a fix.

1 Like

I played two Ranked Team games and no more failed to join match message or frozen loading screen. However, in one of the games one person disconnected and in another it froze for one person in the beginning. (I‘m guessing UI froze)

THX to developer.

Its work fine again

2 Likes

Hi,

I am unable to join most 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 Ranked Team games

Now, within 7-8 mins, the game freezes, can see the map freely, but the game has frozen
This has happened three times now

5 Likes

Yes. I mentioned that just to show that there are no firewall or connectivity issues with my systems affecting games more broadly. This is a DE specific problem.

1 Like

A veces mis partidas quedan congeladas y mi internet funciona bien. No me desconecta de Steam pero pierdo mucho mi elo, me siento frustrado. :cara_caliente: Por favor solucionen urgente éste problema.

Hola, ¿pudiste solucionar? Me pasa exactamente lo mismo. :cara_caliente:

Everything started working after installing a VPN. The disconnect issues and broken chat are probably related to networking and the bug could be not in the game binary but on a network device or firewall configuration.

3 Likes

Exactly the same, single player ranked games effects me the most and Freeze;s 80% of the time, everything just stops

1 Like